Avon Products reported that its first-quarter 2007 total revenue grew 9% year over year to $2.2 billion, with all six operating regions contributing to the growth. Net income increased in the first quarter 2007, to $150 million, or $.34 per share, compared with $56 million, or $.12 per share, a year ago. First-quarter operating profit of $238 million rose 176%, or $152 million, from the 2006 level.
"We are pleased with the strength and geographic balance of our first-quarter performance. While still in the midst of our multi-year turnaround, we are making good progress against all points of our plan," said Andrea Jung, chairman and CEO, Avon. "We continue to significantly elevate our investment levels against both our brand and our channel, and we are seeing strong paybacks as a result. Fueling these investments are savings from the many restructuring initiatives that we have undertaken and that continue to be an ongoing part of our turnaround program."
Sales of beauty products recorded a third-consecutive quarter of double-digit growth, increasing 10%, led by personal care (+17%), fragrance (+12%), color cosmetics (+9%) and skin care (+6%).
The company continued to be active in repurchasing its shares in the first quarter of 2007, with repurchases totaling $130 million.
Avon Revenue Up 9% to $2.2 Billion
May 1, 2007
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Financials
- 312What's Driving L'Oreal's Growth?
- 165Coty to Boost Investment in Power Brands and Reorganization
- 135Avon Decline Led by Divestments, Latin American Challenges
- 128Sally Beauty Holdings Reports Results
- 115L'Oréal Marks Growth in Key Areas
- 94Beiersdorf Releases 2015 Business Results
- 71Oriflame Reports Challenging Results, Growth in Key Markets
- 60Perfume Results Negatively Impact Art & Fragrance Results
- 53L'Oréal Sales €22.9 Billion for 2013, Up 5%
- 51Inter Parfums Provides 2016 Initial Guidance