Alcan Inc. announced that it has received from Alcoa notice of intent to file an unsolicited offer to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Alcan for $58.60 in cash and 0.4108 of a share of Alcoa common stock for each outstanding common share of Alcan. Alcan's board of directors will consider the proposal and how it could impact the interests of its shareholders and other stakeholders. The board recommended that its shareholders defer making any decision until it has had an opportunity to fully review the expected offer and to make a formal recommendation as to its merits.
Alcan Receives Share Acquisition Offer
May 8, 2007
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Acquisitions
- 110Croda Acquisition Boosts Encapsulation and Delivery for Personal Care
- 31Shiseido to Add Two Iconic Brands to Its Global Portfolio
- 20Lipo Chemicals Merges with Vantage
- 10Polychromatic Plans on Growth with Centre 7 Acquisition
- 8Unilever Completes TIGI Acquisition
- 7TricorBraun Acquires Ryco Packaging
- 7Ashland Specialty Ingredients Acquires Zeta Fraction
- 7Elizabeth Arden Acquires Christina Aguilera Fragrances
- 6Rhodia to Acquire McIntyre Group
- 6Clariant and Beraca Transaction Complete