Colipa (the European Cosmetic, Toiletry and Perfumery Association) announced that it welcomes the European Commission's launch of a public consultation regarding the Simplification of Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC. According to a Colipa press release, the Cosmetics Directive provides a high level of consumer protection, and, if well implemented, the simplification should contribute to secure the industry’s competitiveness and capacity to innovate while guaranteeing the highest level of consumer safety.
“Industry plays an important contributory role together with the European scientific authorities and the European Commission to ensure the continuous upgrading of the regulatory environment governing the safety of cosmetic products," said said Bertil Heerink, director-general, Colipa. "Such a process can only serve to strengthen the confidence consumers have in cosmetic products and the industry will actively give input to the procedure.”
Colipa Welcomes Simplification of European Cosmetics Directive
January 12, 2007
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Segments
- 509U.S. Skin Care Market to Reach Nearly $11 Billion in 2018
- 482Anti-Aging: The Trends and Challenges in New Product Development
- 478The New Norm: Custom Beauty
- 460Beauty Trends for Fall/Winter 2015-2016
- 402Why Are Consumers Multimasking?
- 386Innovations in Natural Fragrance and Personal Care
- 341Natural Segment Continues to Outpace the Overall Beauty Market
- 305Preferences for Organic/Natural in Beauty and Personal Care See Growth Space
- 291Birchbox Launches First In-house Brand
- 285Translating Trends for Hair Care Product Development