CEW(UK) Celebrates Creativity, Innovation, Enterprise at Its 2014 Beauty Awards
Posted: May 6, 2014
Beauty insiders chose their favorite standout beauty products for 2014 as part of the CEW(UK)’s 2014 Beauty Awards, and on Friday, May 2, 2014, nearly 700 beauty industry members saw who took home the awards. Over 300 products in 25 categories competed for the awards, in a program in which members chose the winners and voted for the products they thought will excite the market.
All the winners were presented with a Lalique CEW(UK) winners’ statuette and will also be able to carry the prestigious “Beauty Insiders” winner’s seal on their products. Also, Boots UK will be showcasing selected finalists and winning products online, highlighted with the CEW(UK) Award finalists and winners seals.
CEW(UK) also noted some industry trends from the 2014 Beauty Awards winners, including:
- Eco continues to grow in importance. This is the third year the Eco Beauty Award has been in place, sponsored by Givaudan and adjudicated by an independent panel of experts. The sustainable beauty products entered had to meet extensive eco-credentials criteria within all sectors of their business. Despite strong competition two brands were chosen—Oriflame’s Ecobeauty range and Unilever’s compressed deodorants. Also, eco-friendly brand Burt's Bees won Best New Bath and Body Product (Mass) for its Ultimate Care Body Lotion.
- Oil-based products continued to grow in popularity. Dr. Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment Serum was awarded Best New Hair Care Product (Mass), and Balance Me Rose Otto Body Oil won Best New Bath and Body Product (Prestige), while Bio-Oil picked up the award for Best Classic Beauty Product (Mass) for the second year running. Finally, Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ collected the award for Best New Certified Organic Skincare Product (Mass or Prestige).
All CEW(UK) Beauty Awards finalists were entered into Global Radio’s prize draw to win a digital advertising campaign, demonstrating their multi-platform offering. The lucky winner was Clarins, who received a package that could include online, mobile and radio. And Harrods had already been running a major promotion featuring selected CEW(UK) Beauty Award finalists products (in store from April 20 to May 3, 2014) via its external plasma screen network on Basil Street, plasma screens in the White Hall and with a special display at its exhibition site. QVC, the official broadcast retailer of the CEW(UK) Beauty Awards will run a special CEW(UK) two-hour program on May 7, 2014, 6pm–8pm featuring the winning and finalist products that are sold on QVC. If you are travelling abroad, look out for World Duty Free’s “Must-Have’ table displays featuring CEW(UK) Beauty Awards finalists and winners and their exclusive Beauty Stations featuring a selection of CEW(UK) Beauty Awards finalists and winners at airports nationwide. And finally, for 2014 CEW(UK) continued its partnership with Latestinbeauty.com to create a special CEW(UK) 2014 Beauty Awards Finalist Discovery Box. The beautifully designed box will contain a selection of finalist product samples available to all Latest in Beauty members, which will be promoted alongside the You magazine CEW(UK) Beauty Awards feature on May 4, 2014.
CEW(UK) president Caroline Neville said, “I’m delighted that our Awards continue to recognize innovation, creativity and enterprise in the beauty industry. Winning a CEW(UK) Award is a powerful launch pad for new brands in the U.K. beauty market and gives much deserved recognition to cult beauty classics. The Beauty Awards are now in their ninth year and are growing. This award is a win win situation for brands and the beauty industry overall.”
The CEW(UK) 2014 Beauty Awards winners are:
- Eco Beauty Award (sponsored by Givaudan)—Oriflame’s Ecobeauty range and Unilever’s compress deodorants
- Best New Bath and Body Product (Mass)—Burt's BeesUltimate Care Body Lotion
- Best New Hair Care/Styling/Coloring Product (Mass)—Dr. Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment Serum
- Best New Everyday Facial Skin Care Product (Mass)—Eau Thermale Avène Cleanance Cleansing Water
- Best New Skin Care Treatment Product (Mass)— Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful Super Serum
- Best New Makeup Product, Face (Mass)—Bourjois Cream Blush
- Best New Makeup Product, Eyes or Lips (Mass)—Lanolips Banana Balm
- Best Classic Beauty Product (Mass)—Bio-Oil
- Best New Brand (Mass)—Manuka Doctor
- Best New Bath and Body Product (Prestige)—Balance Me Rose Otto Body Oil
- Best New Hair Care/Styling/Coloring Product (Prestige)—Color Wow Root Cover-Up
- Best New Everyday Facial Skin Care Product (Prestige)—Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm
- Best New Skin care Treatment Product (Prestige)—Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control Concentrate
- Best New Makeup Product, Face (Prestige)— Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Protect Broad Spectrum SPF 30/PA+++
- Best New Makeup Product, Eyes or Lips (Prestige)—Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! mascara
- Best Classic Beauty Product (Prestige)— Liz Earle Beauty Co. Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
- Best New Women’s Fragrance (Prestige)—Issey Miyake Pleats Please
- Best New Men’s Fragrance (Prestige)—Paul Smith Portrait for Men
- Best New Brand (Prestige)—Glamglow
- Best New Certified Organic Skin Care Product (Mass or Prestige)—Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+
- Best New Self Tan or Sun Care Product (Mass or Prestige)—Caudalie Divine Legs
- Best New Hand, Foot and Nail Care Product (Mass or Prestige)—Nails Inc Gel Effect polish
- Best New Beauty Tool or Accessory (Mass or Prestige)—Gillette Venus Venus & Olay razor
- Best New Men’s Grooming Product (Mass or Prestige)—Molton Brown Sport 4-in-1 Sportswash
- Best British Brand (Mass or Prestige)—Elemis