HBA Global announced that Dan Brestle, one of the industry’s most respected champions and brand builders, will deliver a keynote speech at 9 AM on Tuesday, June 28, 2011, in the Special Events Hall of the Javits Center in New York. Brestle is chairman of the board for the Personal Care Products Council (PCPC) and retired from the Estée Lauder Companies after more than 30 years in top leadership positions and presiding over its well-known portfolio of brands.
In his speech, Brestle will pay tribute to the industry’s diverse founding icons, and will provide insight on the similarities between them and the challenges they faced and overcame. He will also provide a high level view of the opportunities that exist today and the issues that brands may confront, including government regulation and the complexities in global business and digital communications.
“Brand building and globalization are on the minds of many in the industry, and we are delighted to have someone with such deep roots in the business give such an important talk," said said Jill Birkett, brand director, HBA Beauty & Wellness. "Dan Brestle’s keynote will provide inspiration and food for thought as attendees kick-off their HBA experience.”
During his distinguished tenure at the Estée Lauder Companies, Brestle held numerous positions, including COO where he was responsible for the company’s global operations and R&D, and presided over several prestigious and iconic brands, including Estée Lauder, Clinique and Prescriptives.
Since February 2002, Brestle has served on the Board at the Personal Care Products Council, the national trade association representing the global cosmetic and personal care products industry.
In addition to the Keynote Presentation, HBA’s Beauty Week will feature an extensive educational program addressing a wide range of marketing, product development, international business, skin care and sustainability topics. Programming and event highlights include the three day Marketing & Technical Tracks, the two-day International and Green Tracks and the new Skin Care Track with the latest on anti-aging and skin health developments.
A new destination spot on the show floor will be the Trend Zone, featuring the HBA New Products Innovation Showcase with the latest from exhibitors and the Innovating Trends Showcase by Mintel. Also part of The Trend Zone, the Trend Spot theater features daily make-up demonstrations by celebrity make-up artist and beauty entrepreneur, Eve Pearl, and trend reports on color, fashion and more from forecasters such as Pantone and The Doneger Group.
Conference Program Highlights
- “Marketing Innovations with Mike Indursky, President, Bliss” Featuring Kevin Kells, National Industry Director, Consumer Packaged Goods Division, GOOGLE; and Ty Montague, Co-CEO & Content Director, Co Collective
- “The Prestige Market: Where Are We Now” Howard Kreitzman, Vice President Cosmetics & Fragrances, Bloomingdales and Judy Galloway, Managing Partner, G-Group Marketing
- “Breaking Through the Retailers Glass Ceiling,” Joe Magnacco, President, Duane Reade, Menal Parikh, VP of Sales, Stila Cosmetics, and Laurie Ann Goldman, CEO, Spanx and Matthew Malin and Andrew Goetz, Founders, Malin and Goetz
- “The Changing Face of Beauty Distribution: Virtual Beauty Retail” Paula Scandone, VP of Beauty, HauteLook, Allen Burke, Director of Beauty, QVC and others
- “Color Cosmetics & Multifunctionals” Tammy Yalsar, Director of New Product Development, Fusion Brands and Linda Treska, Director of Global Product Development, Laura Mercier
- “What Men Want: The Evolving Men’s Market” Mike Bruggeman, CEO, Organic Male and Robert di Mauro, Lifestyle Commentator
Skin Care Track
- “Total Body Skincare: The Future of the Skincare Market” Howard Murad, MD, Founder, Dr. Murad Skincare
- “KICKOFF SESSION: Around the Global Cosmetics World in 75 Minutes,” Karen Grant, Vice President and Global Beauty Analyst The NPD Group
- “Welcome to the US: A Guide to US Markets,” Karen Young, CEO, The Young Group and Candace Corlett, CEO, WSL Strategic Retail
- “Sustainability and Philanthropy: Making an Ethical Profit” Katherine L'Heureux, CEO, Kahina Giving Beauty and Barbara Close, CEO, Naturopathica
- “The A–Z of Launching a Successful Green Products” Shannon Hess, Senior Manager, Sustainable Sourcing, Burt's Bees and Hamish Cook, Vice President of Marketing, Weleda North America and others
HBA Global Expo & Conference will take place June 28–30, 2011 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York.