This year, 600 CEW (UK) members have cast their votes in the CEW (U.K.) 2012 Beauty Awards to find the products they think will excite consumers in the coming days and months. A total of 330 products in 26 categories competed for the awards, and the winners were presented with CEW (U.K.)'s Lalique "Beauty Oscar" trophy during the award ceremony event held at the InterContinental London Park Lane.
The 2012 Beauty Awards Winners also reveal several of the latest product trends in the beauty industry, including:
- Natural and organic products continue to increase in popularity.
- Home grooming is on the rise, with the economic downturn influencing consumer spending habits. This was a category that had one of the highest number of entries, demonstrating the increasing demand for luxury products to use at home.
- Eco is breaking new boundaries. The new Eco Beauty Award, sponsored by Givaudan, was added this year in celebration of the 20th anniversary year of CEW (UK), and it recognizes the rise and demand for sustainable beauty products that meet eco-credentials criteria.
- And British beauty brands seem to have never been more popular. Showcasing the increasing success and popularity of Brit brands many were recognized and excelled at the CEW (UK) 2012 Beauty Awards.
CEW (U.K.) president Caroline Neville said, “In the 20th anniversary year of CEW (U.K.), I’m delighted that our awards continue to recognize innovation and creativity in the beauty industry, one of the most dynamic industries in the world. The award constantly evolves in line with consumer and market trends. The introduction of the new Eco Award sponsored by Givaudan is a point in case. The public wants socially responsible and environmentally friendly organizations, and we know the beauty industry is working hard to create sustainable beauty products. That’s a reason for CEW (U.K.) to introduce the award and raise the profile of the challenge. The awards are also a powerful launch pad for new brands in the U.K. beauty market and give much-deserved recognition to cult beauty classics. We wish all winning brands every success.”
And now, the CEW (U.K.) 2012 Beauty Award winners:
- Best New Bath and Body Product—Mass: Burt's Bees Honey & Shea Sugar Scrub
- Best New Hair Care/Styling/Coloring Product—Mass: Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume
- Best New Everyday Facial Skin Care Product—Mass: OlayRegenerist Night Renewal Elixir
- Best New Skin Care Treatment Product—Mass: Carmex Moisture Plus
- Best New Makeup Product—Face—Mass: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
- Best New Makeup Product—Eyes or Lips—Mass: Bourjois Intense Eyeshadow
- Best Classic Beauty Product—Mass: Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor
- Best New Men’s Grooming Product–Mass: The Real Shaving Company Advanced SPF15 Moisturiser
- Best New Brand—Mass: Manuka Doctor
- Best New Bath and Body Product—Prestige: Balance Me Rose Otto Body Cream
- Best New Hair Care/Styling Product—Prestige: Kérastase Elixir Ultime
- Best New Everyday Facial Skin Care Product—Prestige: Eve Lom Eye Cream
- Best New Skin Care Treatment Product—Prestige: Eve Lom Hydration Serum
- Best New Makeup Product—Face—Prestige: Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus All-Smooth Makeup SPF15
- Best New Makeup Product—Eyes or Lips—Prestige: Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow
- Best Classic Beauty Product—Prestige: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant
- Best New Women’s Fragrance—Prestige: Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh EDT
- Best New Men’s Fragrance—Prestige: Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man
- Best New Men’s Grooming Product—Prestige: ClarinsMen Super Moisture Balm
- Best New Brand—Prestige: Bloom and Blossom
- Best New Certified Organic Skin Care Product—Mass or Prestige: Neal's Yard Remedies Beauty Sleep Concentrate
- Best New Self Tan or Sun Care Product—Mass or Prestige: St. Tropez Naturals Self Tan Lotion
- Best New Hand, Foot and Nail Care Product—Mass or Prestige: L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Hand Care SPF 15
- Best British Brand—Mass or Prestige: Molton Brown
- The Most Revolutionary Beauty Product of the Last 20 Years—Mass or Prestige: Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
- The Eco Beauty Award (sponsored by Givaudan): Weleda Pomegranate Firming Facial Skin Care Range
The CEW (U.K.) Beauty Awards also premiered the Elemental Herbology’s £50,000 Global Radio advertising campaign, which the brand won at last year’s CEW (U.K.) Beauty Awards Luncheon. This year’s winner of the £50,000 Global Radio advertising campaign was Elie Saab Elie Saab le Parfum.
Look for a selection of the winning products to be available to buy from Superdrug stores and on the CEW (U.K.) Beauty Awards online shop at Superdrug’s website. Harrods also will feature selected CEW (U.K.) Beauty Award finalist and winning products with displays in their White Hall Cases and in their windows on Hans Crescent and on Basil Street, and for travelers, World Duty Free will also be running promotions in their airport stores across the U.K. throughout June. And QVC, the official broadcast retailer of the CEW (U.K.) Beauty Awards, will run a special CEW (U.K.) Beauty Oscars program on Friday, May 4, 2012, that features the winning and finalist products.