The Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrance Association (CTFA) recently hosted Fragrance Day on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. The event provided an opportunity for members of Congress and their staff to experience the scientific, technological and physiological elements involved in creating fragrances. CTFA partnered with global fragrance company Firmenich and the Fragrance Foundation’s Sense of Smell Institute to educate members and staff about aspects of fragrance development through visual exhibits and interactive displays. Honorary hosts for the event included U. S. Reps. Joe Baca, D-Calif.; Henry Bonilla, R-Texas; Sue Kelly, R-N.Y.; Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y.; Deborah Pryce, R-Ohio; and Linda Sanchez, D-Calif.. Firmenich perfumer Richard Herpin shared his expertise in fragrance development, and participating companies included Avon, Christian Dior, Estée Lauder, Giorgio Armani and Ralph Lauren.
CTFA Hosts Fragrance Day
September 7, 2006
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 271LAST CHANCE: World Perfumery Congress Guest List + Hotel Reservations
- 223Cosmoprof: Brands Need Support
- 209Money, Millennials and the Future of Beauty
- 1745 Trends CEW Beauty Finalists Revealed
- 123Fragrance Foundation Awards: And the Winners Are...
- 84Unilever: Premiumize, but Don’t Cheapen
- 81Unilever Takes the Complete Person Approach
- 69UPDATE: CEW Awards Uncover the Most Exciting Beauty Launches of Past Year
- 44CEW 2015 Beauty Award Winners Announced
- 32What is Indie Beauty?
- What is Indie Beauty?
9/30/2015, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor in Chief
- Cosmoprof 2015: Developing & Executing Great Ideas
10/17/2015, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- The Customized Consumer Experience: Cosmopack New York Wrap-up
10/18/2015, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- InnoCos Digital NY 2015 Part 2: Smart Packaging & Optimizing Retail
11/10/2015, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor in Chief
- Beauty is a Generational Story
2/16/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured