The Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrance Association (CTFA) recently hosted Fragrance Day on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. The event provided an opportunity for members of Congress and their staff to experience the scientific, technological and physiological elements involved in creating fragrances. CTFA partnered with global fragrance company Firmenich and the Fragrance Foundation’s Sense of Smell Institute to educate members and staff about aspects of fragrance development through visual exhibits and interactive displays. Honorary hosts for the event included U. S. Reps. Joe Baca, D-Calif.; Henry Bonilla, R-Texas; Sue Kelly, R-N.Y.; Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y.; Deborah Pryce, R-Ohio; and Linda Sanchez, D-Calif.. Firmenich perfumer Richard Herpin shared his expertise in fragrance development, and participating companies included Avon, Christian Dior, Estée Lauder, Giorgio Armani and Ralph Lauren.
CTFA Hosts Fragrance Day
September 7, 2006
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 522Social Media is Reshaping Beauty Product Development
- 113These Are Beauty Packaging's Eco Leaders
- 103What They Wore: Fashion Week—Spring/Summer 2017
- 83Anti-Pollution Product Event Expects Future Change
- 35What is Indie Beauty?
- 27Future Beauty Industry Leaders Forecast Beauty in 2020
- 24Money, Millennials and the Future of Beauty
- 22Marketing Beauty to the Hispanic Consumer
- 18Consumer Behavior Change Key to Sustainable Beauty Growth
- 18Cosmoprof NA: Multicultural is the New 'Beauty Mainstream'
- InnoCos Digital NY 2015 Part 2: Smart Packaging & Optimizing Retail
11/10/2015, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor in Chief
- Beauty is a Generational Story
2/16/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- The Customized Consumer Experience
2/17/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Lessons from UK Beauty Leaders
3/2/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Unilever Takes the Complete Person Approach
3/31/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured