CTFA Hosts Fragrance Day
September 7, 2006
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 67Future Beauty Industry Leaders Forecast Beauty in 2020
- 63CEW 2015 Beauty Award Winners Announced
- 41Marketing Beauty to the Hispanic Consumer
- 40What is Indie Beauty?
- 38Cosmoprof Encourages You to 'Discover Green'
- 38innoCos Nominations Now Open
- 22InnoCos Digital NY 2015 Part 2: Smart Packaging & Optimizing Retail
- 19Considering Asia’s Beauty Markets
- 17FIT Honors Graduates; Annette Green Talks Fragrance
- 14Cosmoprof 2015: Developing & Executing Great Ideas
The Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrance Association (CTFA) recently hosted Fragrance Day on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. The event provided an opportunity for members of Congress and their staff to experience the scientific, technological and physiological elements involved in creating fragrances. CTFA partnered with global fragrance company Firmenich and the Fragrance Foundation’s Sense of Smell Institute to educate members and staff about aspects of fragrance development through visual exhibits and interactive displays. Honorary hosts for the event included U. S. Reps. Joe Baca, D-Calif.; Henry Bonilla, R-Texas; Sue Kelly, R-N.Y.; Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y.; Deborah Pryce, R-Ohio; and Linda Sanchez, D-Calif.. Firmenich perfumer Richard Herpin shared his expertise in fragrance development, and participating companies included Avon, Christian Dior, Estée Lauder, Giorgio Armani and Ralph Lauren.