Lauren Sheahan, CEO and founder of LaurEss Mineral Makeup, launched her new line of mineral products at New York’s Paper Moon Café. Sheahan, who discovered the benefits of mineral makeup when she searched for products appropriate for her own sensitive skin, has developed a line that utilizes lightweight pigments to deliver sheer and soft focus coverage for all skin types and tones. Because the ingredients are inert materials that cannot harbor bacteria, no preservatives are necessary, and the line’s shelf life is said to be indefinite.
Sheahan specifically noted that she chose not to use bismuth oxychloride, as its heavier weight made makeup application more difficult, choosing to concentrate on products that are light in texture and feel, hypoallergenic, fragrance and preservative free, and anti-inflammatory.
Mineral Makeup Launch in New York
October 20, 2006
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 282InnoCos Digital NY 2015 Part 2: Smart Packaging & Optimizing Retail
- 207Beauty's Digital and Social Media Leaders Honored at innoCos Digital
- 45Marketing Beauty to the Hispanic Consumer
- 43CEW UK Honors Beauty Shapers and Influencers
- 42CEW 2015 Beauty Award Winners Announced
- 40Future Beauty Industry Leaders Forecast Beauty in 2020
- 36The Customized Consumer Experience: Cosmopack New York Wrap-up
- 31Considering Asia’s Beauty Markets
- 25Summit Looks at Sustainable Issues Within the Beauty Industry
- 22Cosmoprof 2015: Developing & Executing Great Ideas