Most Popular in:
2009 CEW Beauty Awards Winners
Posted: May 6, 2009
Melisse Shaban (left), CEO, Chrysallis, accepts the CEW Indie Beauty Award for the company's NIA 24 brand from Allure magazine's Linda Wells.
During a gala event at the Waldorf=Astoria in New York City on May 1, 2009, Cosmetic Executive Women's (CEW) Beauty Awards honored innovative beauty products. Winners are determined by more than 4,000 professionals working in the field.
“Women don’t want to make buying mistakes. They’re looking for performance and value. With the CEW Beauty Awards, consumers have the advice of more than 4,000 beauty experts to lead them to the best products the industry has to offer,” said Carlotta Jacobson, president, CEW.
Nearly 550 entries were submitted for the 2009 award, with 140 finalists selected across 28 categories—ranging from makeup to hair care, sun to scent. Both mass products (available at the drugstore) and prestige products (available at department and specialty stores) were honored.
In addition to recognizing product innovation, the CEW Beauty Awards announced the winner of the Indie Beauty Award for the brightest new start-up in the world of beauty: NIA 24.
Other 2009 CEW Beauty Awards winners:
BATH AND BODY
- Body Treatment—Mass: Avon Products, Inc. Anew Clinical Professional Stretch Mark Smoother
- Body Treatment—Prestige: Ojon Tawaka "The Ball"
- Scented Bath & Body—Mass: Vickery & Clarke Natural Apothecary Eucalyptus & Peppermint Cold & Sinus Soak
- Scented Bath & Body—Prestige: Fresh Fig Apricot Bath and Shower Gel
FACIAL SKIN CARE
- Acne Treatment: Clean & Clear Advantage Blackhead Eraser Exfoliating Cleanser
- Antiaging—Mass: Olay Regenerist 14 Day Skin Intervention
- Antiaging—Prestige: Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector
- Cleanser & Scrub—Mass: Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser and Deep Clean Foaming Pads
- Cleanser & Scrub—Prestige: Fresh Appleseed Brightening Exfoliant
- Eye Treatment—Mass: Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller
- Eye Treatment—Prestige: Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Eye Treatment
- Moisturizer—Mass: Olay Definity Color Recapture
- Moisturizer—Prestige: Estée Lauder Time Zone Line and Wrinkle Reducing Moisturizer SPF 15
- Hair Care, Style & Coloring—Mass: Avon Products, Inc. Advance Techniques Grey Root Touch-Up
- Hair Care, Style & Coloring—Prestige: Living Proof, Inc. Straight Making No Frizz Styling Cream for Medium to Thick Hair
- Eye Product—Mass: L'Oréal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara
- Eye Product—Prestige: Lancôme Ôscillation
- Face Product—Mass: CoverGirl Simply Ageless Foundation
- Face Product—Prestige: Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Foundation
- Lip Product—Mass: Avon Products, Inc. Pro-To-Go Lipstick
- Lip Product—Prestige: YSL Rouge Volupté Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15
- ZIRH Holdings LLC Drenched
- Men's Scent: PUIG USA Prada Infusion d'Homme Eau de Toilette Spray/Fragrance Supplier: Givaudan
- Women's Scent—Mass: Avon Products, Inc. Bond Girl 007/Fragrance Supplier: Firmenich
- Women's Scent—Prestige: Harajuku Lovers Fragrances "G"/Fragrance Supplier: Fragrance Resources
- Sun Product—Mass: Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Spray SPF 70
- Sun Product—Prestige: Clarins Delicious Self Tanning Cream