The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors Association (ICMAD) recognized nine member companies for their innovative products, package designs and marketing ideas at the association's sixth annual CITY Awards for Cosmetic Innovators of The Year, held June 11, 2009, in New York City.
"The CITY Awards represent dedication, effort and creativity by members of ICMAD, and recognize the innovations that independent companies bring to the beauty industry," said ICMAD president David Schieffelin of ybf, LLC. "For me, the CITY Awards represent everything that makes our business so dynamic."
The CITY Awards winners, companies and the representatives accepting the awards, are:
- Personal Care Product: My Youthful Smile by It Cosmetics
- Color Cosmetic Product: Zap&Hide, by Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Ltd.
- Professional Skin Care Product: Sukispa Professional Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel, by Suki, Inc.
- Mass Skin Care Product: Lindi Face Wash, by Lindi Skin, Ardmore, PA.
- Personal Care Package Design: Number 4 High Performance Hair Care, by Bureau Number Four
- Color Cosmetic Package Design: Lash Control, by U. Control Packaging, LLC
- Skin Care Package Design: Cell Ceuticals Skin Treatments System Kit, by Cellceuticals Skin Care, Inc.
- Print Advertisement--Trade or Consumer: "Glide Liner Sample" AD, by Xtreme Lashes
- Web site Innovation: www.askelf.com, by J.A. Cosmetics (e.l.f. - eyes, lips, face)
ICMAD, founded in 1974, is a trade association of independent cosmetic manufacturers, distributors and suppliers of services and components to the cosmetic industry.