MAC Cosmetics honored actress and beauty icon Raquel Welch at a dinner on January 17 at the New York Palace Hotel. MAC lauded the legendary sex symbol,celebrating her lasting beauty and success—and her status as the company’s newest beauty icon. The event was attended by such New York elite as Petra Nemcova, Eve, Tim Gunn of Project Runway, Aerin Lauder Zinterhofer, William Lauder and James Gager, senior vice president/creative director, MAC Cosmetics.
Hosted by John Demsey, global president, MAC Cosmetics, and Patrick McCarthy, editorial director, W Magazine, the event announced the new color cosmetics line designed by MAC—based on the screen star’s sultry presence on stage and in films. Tiger prints decorate the color cosmetic line, which includes blush and lip colors, two eye shadow color palettes, mascara and brushes. Welch is MAC’s fourth Beauty Icon, and follows in the steps of Liza Minelli, Diana Ross, and Catherine Deneuve.
Raquel Welch Feted at MAC Dinner
January 25, 2007
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 277InnoCos Digital NY 2015 Part 2: Smart Packaging & Optimizing Retail
- 207Beauty's Digital and Social Media Leaders Honored at innoCos Digital
- 55Marketing Beauty to the Hispanic Consumer
- 49Future Beauty Industry Leaders Forecast Beauty in 2020
- 48The Customized Consumer Experience: Cosmopack New York Wrap-up
- 46CEW 2015 Beauty Award Winners Announced
- 43CEW UK Honors Beauty Shapers and Influencers
- 33Considering Asia’s Beauty Markets
- 28Summit Looks at Sustainable Issues Within the Beauty Industry
- 24Cosmoprof 2015: Developing & Executing Great Ideas