Most Popular in:
Cosmoprof NA 2010 Welcomes 25,000 Attendees
Posted: July 23, 2010
page 2 of 3
The International Buyer Program, a Cosmoprof exclusive, sponsored once again by UNIPRO, continued to unite buyers and sellers around the world with the resources, contacts and data to build business. Returning to the show for the eighth year, beauty companies showcasing their products at Cosmoprof North America were offered the opportunity to meet one-on-one as part of pre-scheduled appointments with a group of selected importers and distributors. Overall, 156 meetings were held as part of the International Buyer Program involving more than 60 exhibiting companies and 110 qualified international buyers. The international buyers were invited from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Ghana, India, Mexico, Panama and Senegal.
Discover Beauty, another Cosmoprof North America exclusive, assists emerging brands in finding the proper market, while spotlighting the newest trends for influential retail buyers. By offering one-on-one meetings between key decision-makers from prestigious retailers such as C.O. Bigelow, Henri Bendel, HSN, La Rinascente (Italy), Pure Beauty and Studio Beautymix, Discover Beauty brands were able to present their products for immediate consideration and feedback from the retail decision-makers themselves.
The Discover Beauty Award returned in 2010. Thirteen brands were judged on creativity, innovation and market readiness. The voting was done by specialty retailers such as Beauty Collection, C.O. Bigelow, Henri Bendel, Home Shopping Network, Pure Beauty and Studio Beautymix, as well as various beauty bloggers including AOL Stylelist.com, DailyMakeover.com and TotalBeauty.com. Barista Bath and Body was named the recipient of the 2010 Discover Beauty Award. The brand is a full line of natural hair and skin care products to leverage the benefits of coffee and designed to appeal equally to men and women. The line was launched by three generations of successful businesswomen inspired by coffee and determined to bring performance-driven natural beauty products to the marketplace.
Special educational seminars were filled to capacity, with more than 1,100 attendees in total. Businesses and industry leaders from multiple sectors of the industry participated in round-table discussions and panels to share their knowledge and insights. Highlighted educational seminars included:
- Look Back, Look Ahead, Look Within: Panelists included Virginia Lee, Euromonitor International; Alisa Marie Beyer, The Benchmarking Company; and Brian Luborsky, Premier Salons. Moderated by Jeff Falk, senior editor, GCI magazine.
- ICMAD Niche Breakthrough Ideas and How They Come to Life: Panelists included Rob Akridge, PhD, Clinical Affairs of Clarisonic; Michael Benjamin, Temptu; and Jane Iredale of Iredale Mineral Cosmetics. Moderated by Pam Busiek, president, CBI Laboratories.
- WWD Presents Behind the Retail Door–The Reality Check: Panelists included Kathy Steirly, Kathy Steirly & Associates, LLC; and Claudia Lucas and David Altman, MarketShare Advisors, LLC. Moderated by Andrea Nagel, mass beauty editor; Women’s Wear Daily.
- Private Label Marketing and Packaging–Finding the Mix that Maximizes ROI: Panelists included Pam Busiek, CBI Laboratories; Andy Johnson, creative partner, United DSN; and Ian Ginsberg, C.O. Bigelow. Moderated by Phillip Russo, publisher, Private Label magazine.
- CEO Summit for the Professional Industry–Beauty Never Fades the Pulse of the Industry: Panelists included Pat Parenty, L’Oréal Professional Division; Michael Riley, Scruples; John Heffner, CND; and Ron Krassin, Zotos International. Moderated by Ann Mincey, recent legend at the Legends & Icons Charity Gala.
- Increasing Revenue with Social Networking: Panelists included Dan Lagani, Readers Digest Media; Nancy Trent, Trent & Company, Inc.; and Joshua Onysko, Pangea Organics. Moderated by Romy Schorr, beauty blogger and founder, RomyRaves.com.
Alchimie Forever's Ada Polla provides additional insight on the event, from an attendee and brand owner's point of view, on her blog.