Most Popular in:
ICMAD Emphasizes Judges for Its 2014 CITY Awards
Posted: June 2, 2014
The Independent Cosmetics Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) association announced its new panel of judges for its ninth annual Cosmetic Innovators of the Year (CITY) Awards. The five beauty insiders come from all aspects of the industry, ranging from editors and creative directors to entrepreneurs and executives.
Each with extensive experience and knowledge in the personal care categories, the judges will evaluate the product, packaging, and advertising and marketing campaign entries to find the biggest and best breakthroughs of the year. The judges will announce the winners at an award ceremony on June 11, 2014.
The ICMAD 2014 CITY Awards judges include:
- Jerome Berard, Berard Associates, principal and creative director—As principal and creative director of his eponymous branding firm, Berard builds visual strategies and compelling designs for major corporations and luxury brands including American Express, Avon, Kiehl’s, Laura Mercier, Chanel and John Frieda, uniquely assessing each client’s needs and translating information into powerful visual solutions. He is highly sought after for his unique sensibility and design philosophy, which stems from years of experience working for prestigious, multi-disciplinary design and communication firms in Paris, London and New York.
- Lara Eurdolian, Pretty Connected, founder—Started by beauty veteran Eurdolian, Pretty Connected covers all things pretty with a sense of humor and zest for life. She discusses beauty, fashion, travel, lifestyle and philanthropic happenings. This site is all about having fun, one lipstick at a time and a reflection of Eurdolian and her pretty-full experiences in NYC.
- Maria Corbiscello, Studio MC2, president—Renowned for her cutting-edge fragrance innovation, Corbiscello has more than 25 years of experience in the beauty industry. Currently, her firm Studio MC2 specializes in creative product conception and development for beauty categories including fragrance, skin care, bath & body, color cosmetics and hair care for an impressive roster of clients. She is credited with the conception of many award-winning fragrances that have risen to become market leaders in the industry. Her products have received recognition from major organizations and publications such as The Fragrance Foundation, CEW and Allure magazine.
- Kaye Karch, Laura Mercier Cosmetics, vice president—A beauty industry veteran, Karch has built her reputation creating new product lines for leading specialty and prestige companies. Currently she serves as the vice president of global product development at Laura Mercier and its parent company Gurwitch, LLC, a division of Amway. Prior to Gurwitch, Karch was part of the product innovation leadership team at Bath & Body Works and was instrumental in fostering the innovation that led them to become leaders in the beauty and personal care industry. She also spent over a decade at The Estée Launder Companies working for key brands including Estée Lauder, Prescriptives, Aramis and Designer Fragrances in everything from creative marketing to special events, finally leaving the company as executive director of product development.
- Ron Robinson, BeautyStat founder and CEO—Independent cosmetic chemist and founder of BeautyStat.com, Robinson is a seasoned product development executive who has worked with leading beauty companies such as The Estée Lauder Companies, L’Oréal, Avon Products, and Revlon . A search and discovery retail site and blog, BeautyStat.com now reaches over 40 million consumers and serves as a comprehensive source for all things beauty. Robinson also serves as a resident beauty expert for Allure magazine.