Most Popular in:
Gift with Purchase Strategies
By: Buyer's Advisory Group
Posted: October 5, 2010
page 2 of 2
Timing is everything, for best results you want to keep the following things in mind:
- Consumers have a reason to purchase: a busy time of year such as the holiday, vacation or bridal seasons.
- There is ample back stock of the product line at the retail locations. Nothing is worse than promoting a product not on hand to sell.
- Retail staff is properly trained on the product line. Work with the retailer to train staff. Also consider virtual training, training manuals or webinars.
How To Do It Inexpensively or Free
- Provide retailer with branded material: it's a win win. The GWP should promote the brand and product line. Branded materials may include cosmetic bags. toiletry bags and reusable shopping bags.
- Sample Size products. Make a bundle of multiple products as teasers. This is a great way to get consumers to try new products, if they like them they will return and purchase the full size product.
- If all else fails try something like: “Purchase $85 in products and receive a free [insert product]“. Free full sized lip stick, lip gloss or spot treatments are always successful GWP items.
The most important thing to remember is the success of your promotion will only be as good as what you put into it. Keep in mind your GWP should be something tangible, desirable and of great value.