Most Popular in:
Becoming an Engagement Brand
By: Katja Bartholmess and Ron Robinson
Posted: April 4, 2012, from the April 2012 issue of GCI Magazine.
page 3 of 3Are you ready for full-on social media engagement? To find out, ask yourself these questions.
- Do you fully believe a social media strategy built around full engagement can make a difference in your beauty brand’s future?
- Do you enjoy exploring and critically assessing the possibilities of new social technologies?
- Are you willing to dedicate time and resources to building and maintaining a social identity?
- Can you take it when consumers use your social platforms to share criticism of your brand and its products?
- Do you trust your customers enough to seriously take what they tell you into consideration?
If you can answer “yes” to all or most of these questions, it’s likely time for you to pull out all the stops and enter full social media immersion mode. While there might be bumps, there will also likely be more encouraging successes. So go ahead and jump. It’s time to be engaged.
Katja Bartholmess is the co-founder of brand incubator The Brooklyn Family, which crystallizes and realizes brand and business opportunities to successfully launch and grow brands that soar and sell. She also owns boutique branding strategy firm CopyGold. A German native, she has worked and lived in Berlin, London, Pretoria, Tokyo, New York and utilizes her savvy international outlook to connect brands and audiences across the globe. email@example.com
Ron Robinson is the founder and CEO of BeautyStat.com, an online beauty community and social media agency that reaches more than 20 million consumers. He is a veteran product development executive who has worked for leading beauty companies, including The Estée Lauder Companies, Avon Products and Revlon Products. He currently works with beauty brands, retailers and agencies to connect them to the BeautyStat community for online PR events, sponsored content and rich consumer insights. firstname.lastname@example.org