Most Popular in:
CEW Celebrates Beauty’s Finest
By: Nancy Jeffries
Posted: May 26, 2010
2010 CEW Beauty Awards
Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) celebrated with its constituency of more than 3,600 beauty executives on May 21, 2010, at the 16th Annual CEW Beauty Awards. “Consumers still want to know what the best products are, and after all, who is more qualified to say what the best products are than the women who work in the industry,” said Carlotta Jacobson, president, CEW, when introducing the annual event to attendees at New York’s Waldorf-Astoria.
She highlighted the innovations, new technology and applications that distinguish the award-winning products, noting that millions of press impressions, retail partnerships, in store, online, and TV promotions combine to support the achievements of the products in 31 categories. A total of 513 products were entered by more than 285 beauty brands, with 155 finalists chosen across 31 categories. In addition to the traditional categories, the Indie Beauty Award this year garnered 38 company entrants, and the CEW Beauty Awards themselves garnered more than 200 million press impressions.
National retail sponsors included CVS/pharmacy, Nordstrom and QVC, and beauty industry sponsors Allure, Givaudan, Acuvue, Crest 3D White, Veet, Medicis Aesthetics, WWD/Beauty Biz, The Royal Promotion Group, Arcade Marketing, HBA Global, Alcan Packaging Beauty, Rpr Marketing Communications, Tresemmé, Glowelle, MaCher, KraftWorks, Consultancy Media, Suite K, Breakthrough Beauty, Digital Plus and Raw Media. Categories were defined by NPD Group, and ballots tabulated by Ernst & Young.
Independence and Achievement
Hallmarks of the event, in addition to the highly anticipated mass and prestige beauty category winners, included a tribute by Allure editor Linda Wells to the entrepreneurial spirit of the Indie Beauty Award, which recognizes product innovation as a new start-up in the world of beauty. This year’s winner was Living Proof, for its hair care technologies, including no-frizz shampoo and hair thickening formulations. Living Proof also garnered two prestige Hair Care awards, a coup for the Indie brand, which emerged as an example of the new innovators in the industry.
The festivities were officially underway with the presentation of a special beauty award presented by Wells, to host Mario Cantone, “For the beauty in you.” Cantone responded with aplomb by thanking his mascara wand.
Bath and Body
- Body Treatment Mass: Vaseline® Sheer Infusion with Stratys-3
- Body Treatment Prestige: Origins, Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Night Health Bedtime Spray
- Bath/Shower Product Mass: Olay, Body Wash Plus Tone Enriching Ribbons
- Bath/Shower Product Prestige: Fresh, Sugar Açai Body Scrub
Facial Skin Care
- Acne Treatment: LaRoche Posay, Efffaclar Al Intensive Acne Spot Treatment
- Antiaging Mass: Olay Professional Pro-X Deep Wrinkle Treatment
- Antiaging Prestige: Lancôme Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate
- Cleanser & Scrub Mass: Visine Total Eye Soothing Wipes
- Cleanser & Scrub Prestige: Shiseido Future Solution LX Extra Rich Cleansing Foam
- Eye Treatment Mass: Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Eye Roller
- Eye Treatment Prestige: Shiseido Benefiance NutriPerfect Eye Serum
- Moisturizer Mass: Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Awakening Face Massager
- Moisturizer Prestige: Shiseido Future Solution Total Regenerating Cream
- Hair Care Product Mass: L’Oréal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care Moisture Shampoo
- Hair Care Product Prestige: Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo
- Hair Coloring Product Prestige: ColorMetrics TouchBack by ColorMark
- Hair Styling Product Mass: Klorane No Rinse Care with Papyrus Milk
- Hair Styling Product Prestige: Living Proof Full Thickening Cream