Online Media Daily reported that Mary Kay filed a lawsuit in a Dallas federal court alleging that e-mails sent through Yahoo accounts included unauthorized links advertising products. According to the suit, these e-mails are being sent primarily by Mary Kay competitors or unauthorized re-sellers. According to the source, the case would set a new precedent because similar prior lawsuits concern pop-up or search engine ads, whereas the Mary Kay case involves personal e-mails. Mary Kay wants an injunction and payment for possible monetary loss.
Mary Kay Sues Yahoo Inc.
July 13, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Marketers
- 637The Body Shop May Have a Buyer
- 417Shiseido Has a New Creative Director
- 325Ulta Announces the Addition of MAC and 2016 Fiscal Results
- 309Avon to Move New York City Corporate Headquarters
- 3068 Ways Beauty Can Grow in 2017 and Beyond
- 266MAC Names New Creative Director
- 266Shakeup at Top of Coty Consumer Beauty
- 221Serge Jureidini Appointed Elizabeth Arden & Fragrances President
- 195Good Hair Day: Henkel Acquires Hair Care Company, Nattura Laboratorios
- 183Nick Vlahos Named CEO of The Honest Company
- Celebrating the Souls of Beauty Icons
5/20/2016, Laura Ziv
- Is the Beauty Industry Listening to Multicultural Consumers?
5/23/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor in Chief
- The New Face of Multicultural Beauty
5/23/2016, Sarah Jindal, Mintel
- Shiseido Q&A: Propelling Innovation at the Local Level
8/13/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Expanded Edition: The State of Beauty and Personal Care M&A
7/14/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured