MAC International announced its appointment of Mary Renaud as senior vice president, general manager, effective Aug.1, 2008. Renaud served most recently as the vice president, regional director for Europe and South Africa. She succeeds Sandra Main who has been named senior vice president, general manager, international, for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.
“MAC Cosmetics would not be the successful brand it is today without the passion and dedication of Mary Renaud and the original MAC team,” says Karen Buglisi, senior vice president, general manager global sales, at&d and finance forecasting, MAC Cosmetics. “Over the years, Mary has helped grow the MAC International business. Based on her experience with the brand through its many growth phases, I am confident that she will continue to help propel MAC to the next level.”
Renaud joined the company in 1984 when MAC founders Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo hired her as regional manager for Quebec, Canada. Her responsibilities quickly increased to include the Northeastern U.S. during a critical expansion phase. She was then promoted to senior retail operations manager, international and in that capacity helped launch MAC in a number of key International markets— including France, Italy and Japan. In July 1999, she relocated as the brand manager in the U.K. and Ireland, where she was responsible for defining the brand’s distribution strategy and overseeing the rapid sales development. In November 2004, she took on the role of vice president, regional director for Europe and South Africa, helping to define the strategic direction for the region during a dynamic period of distribution expansion and sales growth.
MAC Names Senior VP, General Manager
July 16, 2008
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Announcements
- 217Is the Multicultural Male Grooming Consumer Being Underserved?
- 169Estée Lauder Companies Appoints Demsey and Hudis
- 142Double-digit Growth Driving Mary Kay R&D Expansion
- 120L'Oréal Opens Its Largest Manufacturing Facility
- 117L'Oreal Pursues Social Protection in New Partnership
- 114Shiseido to Take Extraordinary Loss to Address Bare Escentuals Issues
- 86New Head for La Roche-Posay
- 68A Note to Our Readers: We're Thankful for ...
- 62New Partnership for Promotion of European Cosmetics
- 58LVMH Announces New L’Institut des Métiers d’Excellence Program
- CoverGirl Cosmetics Confirms Partnership with Ellen DeGeneres
9/16/2008, Jeff Falk
- Alberto-Culver Company Names Its U.S. President
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- Enrique Puig Dies at 68
9/19/2008, Kelly Frederick
- Honoring Women’s Excellence in the Beauty Industry
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- The Estée Lauder Companies Announce Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
9/29/2008, Leslie Benson