“Growth was driven by good performance in North America and new breakthroughs in emerging markets, while the rates of increase were more modest in Western Europe,” said Lindsay Owen-Jones, chairman and CEO, L'Oréal. “Growth in sales combined with strict cost control has enabled us once again to improve profitability and achieve double-digit earnings growth. We are confident about the outlook for 2006 in view of the faster growth in Western Europe at the end of last year and the strong international momentum."
L’Oréal Announces Results for 2005
February 16, 2006
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Financials
- 144Unilever Releases 2015 Results
- 68L'Oréal Marks Growth in Key Areas
- 56LVMH Strong in 2013 Financial Results with Revenue of €29 Billion
- 31Shiseido Marks Fiscal Year End with 12.4% Increase in Net Sales
- 28Beautycounter Posts 325% Growth
- 28L'Oréal Sales €22.9 Billion for 2013, Up 5%
- 27Avon Decline Led by Divestments, Latin American Challenges
- 26IT Cosmetics to Hit $300 Million in 2015 Sales
- 20Who Are Estée Lauder's Top Performers?
- 20Beiersdorf Releases 2015 Business Results
L’Oréal’s board of directors closed the group's consolidated financial statements and the financial statements of the L’Oréal parent company for 2005. At the end of December 2005, sales amounted to €14.53 billion, up by +6.5%. Operating profit before foreign exchange gains and losses amounted to €2,313 million, up by +12.7%.