The Procter & Gamble Company announced it will invest $35 to $50 million in its South Boston Manufacturing Center, a state-of-the-art facility also known as Gillette World Shaving Headquarters. The 33-acre site will house research and development, engineering, manufacturing, marketing and business support related to Gillette blade and razor business. Employees currently located in the Prudential Tower Building in Boston's Back Bay will relocate to the South Boston facility when the current Prudential Tower lease expires in 2009.
"This major new investment underscores P&G's continued strong commitment to our premier shaving facility and to our robust presence here in Massachusetts," said Chip Bergh, president, global grooming, P&G. "By combining the key blade and razor functions in one location, we will further strengthen our focus on world-class shaving product innovation and manufacturing technology."
P&G also announced today an internal reorganization, effective July 1, 2007, in which the Gillette blade and razor and Braun businesses will become part of P&G Beauty and Health, and the Duracell battery business will join P&G Household Care. These reporting changes will not change the physical location of the operations, with Gillette Blades and Razors remaining in South Boston, Braun in Kronberg, Germany, and Duracell in Bethel, Conn.
P&G Invests in Manufacturing Center; Reorganizes
January 10, 2007
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Business
- 396Packaging as Added Value
- 386On-Time Delivery: The Measurement that Matters
- 352Beauty Ingredient Innovations and Trends
- 283#NoFilter Beauty
- 282Technology, Science and Beauty Innovation
- 270Marketing Moves for Age Demographics
- 232Video: Shiseido Ad Blurs Line Between Girls and Boys
- 193Who Should Own Brands' Social Media?
- 191Is the Multicultural Male Grooming Consumer Being Underserved?
- 179Cracking the Replenish Code: Right-sizing Cosmetics
- G2G Marketing is Winning Her Over
8/26/2008, Alisa Marie Beyer
- Sweet Tarte: Taking Inside-Out Beauty to Heart
8/26/2008, Karen A. Newman
- Counteract Counterfeits
8/26/2008, Rick Van Arnam, Esq.
- Trade Routes: The Ten Commandments of Global Business
8/26/2008, Michael Wynne
- Chemical Reaction: Down the Drain
8/26/2008, Steve Herman