Silab launched p-Refinyl, a multi-action active ingredient that is claimed to attenuate the appearance of dilated pores through a three-pronged process: reduction of sebum secretion, restoration of normal keratinization processes and limitation of pore wall slackening. The product was reportedly tested on Caucasian and Asian skin with successful results. Also, the company unveiled its BIO line of formulated skin products. The line includes: Osilift, a branched natural polyoses derived from organic oats; Structurine, designed for regenerative and hydrating skin products; Vitanol, which stimulates collagen synthesis and limits MMP-1 activity; Sensiline, which limits irritant agent penetration; Coheliss, formulated to boost cell function; and Desoxine, which provides recovery of gluthathione, an essential molecule in skin’s natural protective structure.
New Ingredients Target Skin Care
November 9, 2009
Most Popular in Skin Care
- 673Anti-Aging: The Trends and Challenges in New Product Development
- 600U.S. Skin Care Market to Reach Nearly $11 Billion in 2018
- 333Focus Still on Men's Care as a Growth Category for Beauty
- 333Beauty to Grow on Three Pillars 2015–2025
- 251Next-level Natural Skin Care
- 243Applied Consumer Insights in Acne Care and Conditioners
- 203Brand Valuation Company Releases Listing of "Most Valuable Cosmetic Brands"
- 199Skin Care Market Radiant for Foreseeable Future
- 178The Spa Market as a Distribution Channel
- 145A New Paradigm in Skin Care
- Private Label Takes on Skin Care
10/7/2008, Jeff Falk
- Specialty Skin Care Makes Multiple Claims
1/9/2009, Leslie Benson
- Spice up Your Formulation: Addressing Issues Caused by Acids in Skin Care Products
8/25/2009, Zolt Szabados, Technical Services Manager, BASF Corporation
- Results Driven
3/4/2010, Sara Mason
- Multi-Innovation in Actives
6/4/2010, Diane Bilodeau, Ph.D.