Jabil has announced the opening of its Blue Sky Innovation Center in Tortosa, Spain.
The center, which was created to provide Europe support for advanced packaging, is the first in Europe and second in the world only to Blue Sky San Jose. Customers tasked with developing packaging for consumer goods including, food and beverage, consumer health and industrial/professional market segments.
- A test zone for prototype development, as well as digital prototype and 3D printing capabilities
- High capacity injection mold equipment
- Lab for product development and mold design and construction
- Jabil’s Plastics Technology Learning Center and course work for advanced plastics education
- Customer Engagement Center, showroom and projection experience that highlights packaging trends and advances as well as smart packaging technologies
- New 1,600m2 molds and matrices production center
- A Jabil Technology and capability showcase
Erich Hoch, CEO of Jabil Packaging Solutions, said, “In this tremendously competitive digital age, Jabil’s customers are locked in a daily race to invent, disrupt, enhance, prototype and produce new product experiences more quickly than ever. With the launch of our new Blue Sky Center in Tortosa, customers will have powerful technologies and expertise at their fingertips to drive game changing advancements in their product lines. It’s innovation at the speed of digital.”