HAS INFLATION DEFLATED PACKAGING DESIGN?
Get a Luxe Look for Less with Labels
Packaging must be on point to stand out on shelves and online. However, rising costs for high-end components have forced some companies to give products a make-under rather than pass along increases to consumers. Instead of opting out of elegance, some beauty brands have tapped their label suppliers to find cost-effective, value-engineered solutions.
Leslie Gurland, vice president of sales and marketing for Premium Label & Packaging Solutions (PLPS), says, “Label effects are produced using various techniques with specialty inks, varnishes, laminations and substrates. Skilled converters can achieve a look to replace expensive tinted or metallic containers with shrink sleeves, create a dupe for pricey embellishments with a UV silkscreen, and develop a custom texture that looks and feels like leather or snakeskin.”
Gurland notes that adding dimension to a label opens up an array of design options to differentiate products in the crowded personal care and beauty aisles.
“Options can range from strong to subtle. We often partner with a client’s creative team to make their vision a reality,” Gurland says.
Some of the most popular options at PLPS include:
- Soft Touch is a type of coating that gives the label a velvet-like texture and enhances its high-end look.
- Spot UV Coating brings a unique element by emphasizing specific areas of the label. Using a thicker coating has a 3D effect and can be used quite effectively in the overall design.
- Glitter amps up the glam by adding glitter particles to spot UV coating.
- Pearlescent is glitter's more understated counterpart by producing a shimmering, reflective effect that feels lush to the touch.
- Cold Foil produces brilliant metallic effects and can print fine lines, reverse outs, halftones and full tones.
- Cast & Cure is a decorative coating process that integrates multiple techniques for a look that can include a mix of glossy, matte and holographic finishes.
Seeing is believing. For a sample of the award-winning label converter’s specialty finish work, a quote, or to discuss a project, email us at [email protected].
The above paid-for content was produced by and posted on behalf of the Sponsor. Content provided is generated solely by the Sponsor or its affiliates, and it is the Sponsor’s responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and validity of all information included. Global Cosmetic Industry takes steps to ensure that you will not confuse sponsored content with content produced by Global Cosmetic Industry and governed by its editorial policy.