February is the month when CEW holds the annual Beauty Awards product demonstration showcase on both sides of the Atlantic. At London’s Olympia on February 18, 2020, over 1000 beauty industry members, industry influencers and media descended to view over 300 entries from 185 brands across 32 categories.
According to CEW UK, established in 2006, this year’s awards were bigger than ever before, with a wide range of brands entering, including long-established names, relative industry newcomers and start-up brands showcasing to the industry for the very first time, very much an indication of industry trends.
This was reflected in the Best New Mass & Prestige product section, where a wide range of brands and products are entered in the Best New Vegan Beauty Product category.
Best New Vegan Beauty Product — Mass & Prestige
- Balance Me: Tri-Molecular Hyaluronic Serum
- Beautaniq Beauty: Butter Lip & Cheek Balm
- Botanics: 100% Organic Restoring Overnight Facial Oil
- Dr Organic: Pro Collagen+ Anti-Aging Moisturiser With Dragon's Blood
- Dr. PAWPAW: Scrub and Nourish
- ELEMIS: Superfood Cica Foaming Cleanser
- Face Halo: BODY
- Faceittea: Facial Cleanser
- ICONIC LONDON: Illuminator
- Isle of Paradise: Glow Clear Mousse
- Margaret Dabbs London: Regenerating Foot Oil
- Nails Inc.: NailPure 4 Piece Polish Collection
- Sienna X: Gradual Self Tan Rose Water
- Sukin: Rosehip Nourishing Cream Cleanser
- Tan-Luxe: Super Glow
- The Handmade Soap Company: Grapefruit & May Chang Shower Gel
- The Spoiled Bee: 10% Fruit Enzyme Glow Serum
- Urban Veda: Soothing Facial Oil
- Yadah: Daily Green Natto Collagen Mask
Also worthy of note are the Best New Beauty Supplement and Best New Grooming Product categories, with some interesting and novel entries:
Best New Beauty Supplement — Mass & Prestige
- Beauty & Go: SKIN SHOT
- Boots Good Gut: Live Friendly Bacteria + Skin & Hair Support
- Flourish: All-In-One Supplement
- Perfectil: Hair Crush Gummies
- Proto-col: Collagen Cordial
- The Organic Pharmacy: 10 Day Detox Kit
During the evening, attendees were able to visit awards sponsors at their stands for live demonstrations of products and services, including those of headline sponsors Amazon and Sainsburys and enjoy a glass of chilled prosecco at the complimentary bar staged by Batiste.
Sallie Berkerey, managing director of CEW said, "In my first year at CEW, I’m delighted by the huge variety of brand entries that we have had this year. We have seen amazing new innovations and trends from long-established brands to newcomers alike. It is a privilege to be part of such a buoyant and creative industry."
Significant growth has been noted in the independently judged Responsible Beauty Award, sponsored by Givaudan. This award "recognizes a beauty product or product line that has most significantly moved towards the goal of improved sustainability."
The aim of the award is "to encourage steps towards greater sustainability within the beauty industry."
Voting is now taking place and the awards will be presented at the Winners Announcement Lunch at the London Hilton on Park Lane, on Friday, April 24, 2020.