Laboratoires Expanscience has launched two eco-designed actives: Ayuredi (INCI: Propanediol, Water (Aqua) (and) Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract) and Calybiota Bio (INCI: Glycerin (and) Water (Aqua) (and) Bombax Costatum Flower Extract).
Calybiota Bio is designed to rebalance the skin microbiota, especially the women’s vaginal flora for intimate comfort. Calybiota Bio is extracted from the calyxes of the red kapok tree flowers, traditionally used in African dishes to bind sauces. The red kapok tree is also an oxalogene tree, which means it has the “oxalate-carbonate pathway” in its metabolism, allowing calcium carbonate formation in the soil, one of the most sustainable carbon sink forms.
- Intimate flora protection: The active reportedly imparts a prebiotic effect on lactobacilli, reduces discomfort sensations, and soothes and moisturizes the intimate area for improved sexuality;
- Atopic dermatitis: The active provides epidermis protection from S. aureus, a pathogen involved in atopic dermatitis;
- Acne and seborrheic dermatitis: The ingredient inhibits pathogenic strains C. acnes and M. furfur; and
- Deodorant: The active reduces axillary odors related to C. xerosis, C. striatum and S. epidermidis strains, the company reports.
Image source: Laboratoires Expanscience
Ayuredi is said to protect the skin from environmental and psychological stresses, in particular, damage linked to cortisol. Holy basil is a well-known plant used in ayurvedic medicine. Ayuredi is an extract rich in polyphenols, obtained from holy basil leaves using an extraction process that protects both people and the environment, patented by Laboratoires Expanscience.
- Strengthening cell defense to fight skin aging: The active protects the skin from oxidative stress induced by the exposome (environmental and psychological stresses, in particular, damage linked to cortisol);
- Boosts cell energy and illuminates the skin: Protects and restores the essential functions of mitochondria; and
- Reduces inflamm'ageing to soothe the skin: Decreases inflammation mediators production.