The transaction is expected to close in the second calendar quarter of 2015.
- Steve Voorhees has been named chief executive officer.
- John Luke has been appointed a non-executive chairman of the board.
- Bob Beckler has been named president, packaging solutions. He is currently executive vice president, MWV, and president of packaging. Beckler joined MWV in 1987.
- Nina Butler has been appointed chief sustainability officer. She is currently senior vice president and senior environmental counsel, RockTenn. She joined RockTenn in 2011.
- Ward Dickson has been appointed chief financial officer. Dickson is currently executive vice president and chief financial officer, RockTenn. He joined RockTenn in 2013.
- Pete Durette has been named chief strategy officer. He is currently senior vice president of strategy, MWV, and leader of the home, health and beauty segment. Durette joined MWV in 2009.
- Jennifer Graham-Johnson has been appointed chief human resources officer. She is currently executive vice president, human resources, RockTenn. Graham-Johnson joined RockTenn in 1993.
- Bob McIntosh has been named general counsel. He is currently executive vice president, general counsel and secretary, RockTenn.
- Jim Porter has been appointed president, paper solutions. He is currently in the same role at RockTenn, leading the company's containerboard, paperboard and pulp mills, as well as the forest resources organization, recycling business and sales of containerboard, paperboard, recycled fiber and pulp.
- Linda Schreiner has been named chief integration officer. She is currently senior vice president, human resources, communications and the MWV Foundation, MWV.
- Ed Rose has been appointed president, specialty chemicals.
- Ken Seeger has been named president, community development and land management.
"The announcement of our executive leadership team marks an important milestone in the merging of our companies," said Voorhees. "I am confident that this is the right team with the right expertise to execute our core strategies to succeed in paper and packaging markets and to create significant value for our shareholders."
"Together, MWV and RockTenn are creating the premier global packaging company, unrivaled in terms of capabilities, customers and reach," said Luke. "We have drawn from the best talent of each company to build a leadership team that is unmatched in the industry, with the commercial, operational and financial expertise to drive our business forward and generate substantial shareholder value."