Verescence, a company specializing in glass bottle manufacturing, has been awarded for its social and environmental practices.
EcoVadis, which specializes in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and assesses more than 50,000 companies on the basis of 21 criteria around four themes: environment, labor and human rights, business ethics and sustainable procurement, awarded Veresscence with its highest recognition, the Gold level. Verescence reportedly ranks among the top 1% of the companies, across all sectors, that EcoVadis assessed in 2018.
Verescence's recently published CSR report focuses on three pillars: People First, Act for Society and Eco Solutions.
According to the report...
- 100% of sites are certified: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22716 (GMP), OHSAS 18001
- 85% of purchases are local
- +80% of waste is re-used
- 1,000 T of recycled glass sold in 2017
- -5,800 T of carbon emissions* and -29,000 m3 of water in 2017
- Pioneer in eco-designed bottles (Infinite Glass in 2008)
- 2 training centers to preserve and develop glass-making expertise
- A strong CSR governance (CSR division in the executive committee and one in each site)
- +41% of women recruited in 2017
- 10% of yearly investments dedicated to improving working conditions in 2017
Thomas Riou, Verescence’s CEO, said, "This recognition rewards the efforts of our group and our plants in CSR, an area to which we have been committed for many years. Since pioneering the first eco-designed and recyclable Infinite Glass bottle in 2008, we have continuously worked to improve our practices to set an example as the global leader in our industry."
90 36 46
Sophie Ryan, LPM Communication
)1 44 50 40 39
Verescence is the global leader in glas
s bottle manufacturing for the Perfumery and
osmetics industry and has a production capacity of
bottles per year.
Verescence supplies its customers with glass through high quality, environmentally friendly
and innovative solutions.
The company has over 120 years of glass expertise and a u
geographical footprint (3 glass production sites and 4
decorations sites, three of which are
in France), making it the partner of choice for the world’s largest beauty market players. In
2017, the company employed
people worldwide and achieved sales revenue of
has endorsed the United Nations Global Compact
For more information, please visit
SOME KEY FIGURES
9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22716 (GMP
), OHSAS 18001
T of recycled glass sold
of carbon e
000 m3 of water
preserve and develop
A strong CSR governance
in Executive Committee and one in
of women recruit
of yearly investments dedicated