It's that time of year again: awards season. The New Jersey Packaging Executives Club (NJPEC) will feature nearly 50 products, graphics, and promotions representing this year’s outstanding packaging design at the 38th Annual Package of the Year (POY) Awards Gala.
Taking place Nov. 17 at The Madison Hotel in Morristown, New Jersey, the NJPEC POY Awards Gala will include the awards presentation, Tricky Tray, live music and all the celebrated packaging on display. Advanced registration is encouraged as the event will sell-out. Registration information can be found at www.njpec.com.
“This is an exciting night, where members of NJPEC and the entire industry come together to recognize and celebrate this year’s incredible achievements in packaging, design, and engineering,” said Peter Gould, committee chair of the NJPEC POY.
The annual NJPEC POY Awards recognizes the year’s best packaging designs and innovations and a panel of judges will name winners in 10 different categories. Packaging students also named a Student’s Choice winner.
The NJPEC POY Awards for 2016 will be presented to:
- Batallure Beauty’s Robert Graham Blended Essence launch packaging submitted by Metal Dynamics and Encore International for Package of the Year and Fragrance Gold honors
- Norell Elixir by Norell Parfums New York for Student Choice Award and Fragrance Silver honors
Category winners for the top Gold award include:
- Estee Lauder – Double Wear Cushion Stick by HCT Group for Color
- Valentine’s Day for Godiva by McLean Packaging for Food and Beverage
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Sequin Shadow Box for L’Oreal USA by Millenium3
Packaging Group for Gift Sets
- NARS – Steven Klein Collection by HCT Group for Graphics
- Clinique Pep-Start for Clinique by Albea for Health & Beauty
- OxiClean Splot! Carpet Stain Remover by Casabella for Household Industrial
- ALEVE TENS for Bayer Consumer Health by Bayer Consumer Health for Personal Care
- Locked4Kids Cartons by Locked4Kids for Pharmaceutical
- OverWatch for Activision/Blizzard by Napco, Inc. for Promotional
Silver, Bronze, Marketing Impact, Technical Merit, Visual Impact, Sustainability, Packaging Innovations and Honorable Mentions awards will also be presented and all the POY submissions will be showcased in a massive display during the event.
For a complete list of winners and photos, click here.