Sephora Studio is a new concept store earning the title "Sephora's Smallest Footprint in the U.S."
The 2,000 square foot space, located on Newbury Street in Boston, was created to put an emphasis on "artistry and skin care services." Customers visiting the store will experience an optimized store design and an intimate format that will encourage personalized connections between the clients and Sephora's beauty advisors, according to the company.
Sephora Studio Details
- The store comes stocked with digital welcome and service menu screens, and beauty advisors with mobilized devices
- The store will feature two new omnichannel product delivery options: Order in store and same day pick up (starting in October and via a partnership with Sephora Prudential Center)
- The new Sephora Digital Makeover Guide will allow customers to capture products, applications and look preferences from the customer's makeover, which are then recorded and emailed to the customer for future reference
- The Beauty Studio will provide customers with one-on-one services such as private, 45-minute custom makeovers, 15-minute mini facials and makeovers and skin consultations using the new Moisture Meter and Skincare IQ quiz
- The studio will also offer the Custom Makeover Plus, a 75-minute makeover with the client's choice of skin care consultation or mini facial; the Sephora + Pantone Color IQ tool that allows for the precise foundation, lip and concealer shade matching; the first Studio Concierge a consultant to help navigate the digital features of the store, client inquiries and needs
- Visitors to the store will be encouraged to freely test and try out cosmetic, skin care, hair care and fragrance products
Calvin McDonald, president and CEO of Sephora Americas, said, “In today’s retail environment where very little is constant and clients’ expectations are ever-evolving, one thing has remained true for Sephora: there is no better way to create meaningful connections with clients than through personalized experiences and a customized approach to beauty. We could not be more focused on that notion than we are with the opening of Sephora Studio. The Studio merges the best of an inclusive neighborhood retail environment with best-in-class digital tools that enable our expert beauty advisors to customize recommendations on an individual basis.”