Ulta Beauty CEO Mary Dillon has issued an update on the retailer's response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. The plan includes:
- Increased sanitization at stores, particularly around product testers and high-traffic areas
- Store associates will assist customers who wish to use a tester/trial product
- Others are encouraged to use virtual makeup trial tools such as GLAMlab in the Ulta Beauty app
- Offering rescheduling of hair, brow and other appointments, particularly for those who are feeling unwell
- Suspension of some services in certain areas
- Employee wellness initiatives (staying home when feeling unwell and travel limitations)
UPDATE:The retailer has since issued six new directives:
- Reducing hours of operation to 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Ulta may have additional changes to hours in certain locations.
- Ulta Beauty stores that are temporarily closed in certain locations that are considered high-risk.
- Ulta is temporarily discontinuing all hair services in stores as of Monday, March 16.
- Associates based in Ulta's corporate offices will work remotely at least through Friday, March 27.
- Ulta is temporarily stopping skin, makeup, brow, lash and waxing services.
- In addition to the pause on services, Ulta now has a no-touch sales team approach for selling assistance and shade matching.
Dillon said, "We understand this situation is top of mind for all of us right now. As circumstances continue to change, our goal is, and will continue to be, to provide a safe and welcoming destination for all guests and associates across our communities."