Shiseido has been named among the “Noteworthy IT Strategy Companies” by the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) in the “2018 Survey of Competitive IT Strategies.”
Companies were selected for their engagement in competitive strategic IT-related initiatives, and for implementing “progressive, forward-thinking” strategies.
Shiseido’s IT initiatives include:
- A Three-Year Plan, currently in its second phase, “Vision 2020.” This strategy includes the promotion of brand strategies based on the needs of local consumers; active marketing investment; digital acceleration; new business development; and value creation through innovation.
- The “One Shiseido Model,” based on the enhancement of the foundation for global operations
- The release of a new IoT skin care system, “Optune,” which delivers personalized skin care
- The acquisitions of U.S.-based start-up app MATCHCo. and artificial intelligence company Giaran, Inc
- The launch of an Amazon Alexa skill which offers beauty advice through a hands-free voice service