L'Oréal has reported full-year 2015 sales of 25.26 billion euros], a gain of 12.1% based on reported figures, a rise of 4.9% at constant exchange rates and an increase of 3.9% like-for-like.
Operating profit for the yer reached 4.388 billion euros.
The company noted that its e-commerce sales totaled 1.3 billion euros for the year, accounting for more than 5% of group sales.
Further reading: 3-D Printed Skin Focus of L'Oreal-Organovo Deal
A tally of growth drives is listed below:
- Professional products rose 3.4% like-for-like on the strength of North American, Indian, UK and Western European sales, in addition to strength in hair care (Pro Fiber and Serioxyl by L'Oréal Professionnel, Chronologiste, Thérapiste and Fusio-Dose by Kérastase, and Frizz Dismiss and Extreme Length by Redken), hair color, skin care (Carita)
- Consumer products like-for-like sales rose 2.5%, driven by makeup, (Maybelline in the United States, the Makeup Designer Paris platform, NYX Professional Makeup, hair care (Extraordinary Oil, Ultra Doux by Garnier), and positive results in North America, the United Kingdom and Germany, Eastern Europe and Africa/Middle East.
- L'Oréal Luxe like-for-like gains of 6.1% were driven by e-commerce, makeup (Pop Water and Volupté Tint-in-oil, Miracle Cushion foundation, Advanced Génifique skin care) and fragrance (Black Opium, Sì and Acqua di Giò Profumo), as well as strength in Kiehl's, Urban Decay and the markets of North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Latin AMerica and Africa/Middle East
- Active cosmetics like-for like gains of 7.8% were led by Vichy (Ideal Body and Neovadiol Substitutive Complex), La Roche-Posay (Tolériane, Effaclar, Lipikar and Cicaplast), SkinCeuticals, Roger&Gallet skin care, and the markets of Asia Pacific, Latin America and Africa/Middle East
- Western Europe grew like-for-like by 2.3%
- North America grew like-for-like by 3.5%
- Asia Pacific sales rose 4.7% like-for-like
- Latin America sales grew by 4.6% like-for-like
- Eastern Europe sales rose 9.8% like-for-like
- Africa/Middle East sales grew 12.1% like-for-like