Sephora has released the next evolution of its Beauty Insider loyalty program. This update features new offerings like Beauty Insider Cash, which allows clients to get instant savings on their purchase, along with other perks like point multiplier events, more sampling choices and exclusive experiences like early access to brand launches and the most coveted beauty events. Program changes went into effect May 29, 2020 across North America locations, including online.
Previously: 62 Influencers Selected for Second #SephoraSquad
These new program elements underscore Sephora’s ongoing commitment that–even in dynamic business environments–the company’s focus remains on the client’s long-term loyalty. The new enhancements round out Beauty Insider’s already robust set of offerings with even more value and choice for Sephora clients, by connecting them to what they love—their favorite brands, founders and products.
More ways to save in-store and online:
- Beauty Insider Cash: Members can use their points to get instant savings at checkout; 500 points instantly give members $10 off at checkout online and in-store
- Free Shipping: All members will now get free standard shipping; Rouge members can enjoy this perk with all purchases, V.I.B. on purchases of $35 or more, and Insiders when they spend $50
- Discount & Point Multiplier Events: Earn points faster and exchange points for savings during these new members-only events
More Access to Samples:
- New Birthday Gift Offerings: All members can choose from new categories including hair care and body care options from some of their favorite brands, including Briogeo, MILK Makeup and Sol De Janeiro
- Meet and Greets, Trips and More: As soon as social distancing restrictions are lifted, members will be able to exchange their points for exclusive experiences like a one-on-one meet-up with a brand founder, a facial from a skin care guru, or a chance to see how their favorite product is made. In the meantime, members can engage with all digitally-accessible rewards.
- First Access to Product: Rouge members get first access to the biggest product launches, beginning this fall
Beauty Insider, which is free for all clients to join, has continued to evolve since its launch in February 2007, from the introduction of the beloved Birthday Gift to the launch and expansion of the Rewards Bazaar. The program is comprised of three tiers: Rouge, V.I.B. and Insider, all offering key benefits and exclusive access, including:
- Rewards Bazaar: an online platform where members can exchange their points for a variety of products and one-of-a-kind experiences. New rewards drop every Tuesday and Thursday
- Point Sample Sets Refreshed Weekly: Choose from a variety of 750, 500, 250 and 100-point sample sets, providing access to the most covetable brands like La Mer and Drunk Elephant, that are updated frequently throughout the year, so there is always something new to try in-store and online
- Using Points to Give Back: Launching in June, clients can now use their points to make a difference. Sephora’s Charity Rewards make it easier to support organizations that provide critical aid in our communities. By redeeming points for a Charity Reward, Sephora will donate the corresponding amount to the Tides Foundation to benefit a featured charity. Charities will be selected on a rotating basis, starting with the National Black Justice Coalition in June and Project Glimmer in July.
- Beauty Insider Community: a members-only mobile and online platform that serves as a destination for beauty-lovers to find inspiration, ask questions, post beauty looks and get product recommendations in an unsponsored, real-time, “real talk” social setting
- Sephora Credit Card: a card that enables members to earn even more value at Sephora stores and in their day-to-day lives. Card member benefits include 4% back on every Sephora purchase and no annual fees.
“Our goal is to create a multi-faceted and well-rounded program to cater to the changing needs of our clients,” Allegra Stanley Krishnan, vice president and general manager of loyalty at Sephora, said. “We know they want more ways to save and even more access to things like products, brand founders, services and one-of-a-kind experiences that are unique to Sephora. We also know rewards that provide greater emotional and memorable experiences are the most meaningful for our clients, and we want to continue to deliver personalized experiences where our clients can choose what works best for their needs. The emotional component of loyalty is a vital driver of our loyalty program and what really matters most to our clients.”