Rare Beauty Brands has launched its second pitch competition in partnership with Black Girl Ventures (BGV) and Ulta Beauty, with the goal to increase awareness and provide Black/Brown woman founders in the beauty industry with access to community, capital and capacity building in order to meet business milestones that lead to economic advancement through entrepreneurship.
Winners will receive access to corporate mentoring post-competition provided by Rare Beauty Brands, as well as a six month special collection launch at Ulta.com.
There are seven finalists chosen for the final round. The American public is invited to vote for their brand choice by making financial contributions via Raisify. Voting closes on April 14, 2022; the winner will be announced April 25, 2022.
A live broadcast competition will be held April 7, 2022.
- Aeva Beauty: based in Los Angeles; creates quality, cruelty-free, vegan multi-purpose products that's inclusive to all hues and skin complexions
- The Root Remedy: based in Los Angeles; first black-female-founded beauty gummy supplement brand and makes beauty and health inclusive and genuine
- The Braid Releaser: based in Los Angeles; hair tools that aid in healthy hair maintenance providing a pain-free, time efficient experience
- House of Foster: based in Colombus, NJ; a modern fragrance house rooted in intention that positively provoke the senses
- Glitter Realm: based in Miami Beach; creates ultra-pigmented and vibrant, 100% cruelty free and vegan makeup
- Dosso Beauty: based in New York City; an organic beauty supplier and wholesaler that sells hair care, skin care, beard care, cosmetics and eco-friendly beauty tools
- Flora + Noor: based in Nicholasville, KY; the only halal certified skin care brand based in the U.S.; truly inclusive, vegan and cruelty-free skin care that’s clinically effective