Ten independent beauty brands have been selected as the winners of The 2019 Indie Beauty Innovator (IBI) Awards.
Presented by the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) Association, the awards (formerly the CITY Awards) were created to "celebrate innovation across product development, brand stewardship and overall talent in the beauty industry."
The awards, which honored winners across 11 categories, were held on Monday, July 29, 2019, in Las Vegas.
2019 IBI Award Winners
- Accessories/Tools/Brushes: NuFace, Fix Line Smoothing Device
- Bath & Body: Queen V, Rub Me The Right Way
- Fragrance: Raw Spirit Inc, Wild Spirit Discovery Set
- Innovator Brand of the Year: NuFace
- Haircare: Virtue Labs, Virtue ColorKick
- Makeup: Beautyblender, Bounce Liquid Whipped Long Wear Foundation
- Men's: Caldera + Lab, The Good
- Skincare: SPF Ventures, Brush On Block Protective Lip Oil SPF 32
- Green Innovator Brand of the Year: Distil Skincare, AO Skincare
- Charitable Company: Handcrafted Honey Bee, Smarty Pits
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Alicia Grande of Grande Cosmetics
Global Cosmetic Industry partnered with the IBI awards for this year’s Innovator Brand Of The Year category, which recognizes a company that has made the biggest strides either through a unique business model, revenue growth or by generating buzz and overall brand awareness, and the Entrepreneur of the Year category.