"You need to raise the bar on everything you're doing on a number of levels," says Chris Hobson, president and CEO of Rare Beauty Brands and chairman of ICMAD. In this 10-minute preview of a forthcoming Beauty Accelerate session, Hobson outlines key product development and innovation lessons that will be presented by himself, Carley Caldas, director of NPD, eos; Dena Bruckman, CMO and NPD, Grande Cosmetics; and Elizabeth Corrigan, founder, The Complete Package.
The event takes place October 15 in NYC: registration is now open.
Key talking points, according to Hobson, will include:
- Why distinctiveness of innovation matters
- Speed of product development timelines: how to do it right faster, while delivering more distinctiveness
- The speeds that various organizations can achieve: how large vs. small brands approach "fast"
- Not going fast for the sake of fast: how to define and hone your processes for optimized innovation
- Creating new approaches to product development
- Sources to support brands' rapid innovation (supplier partners, market intelligence, consumer insights, etc.)