L’Oréal has joined the organizations supporting Nextloopp's mission to develop packaging made from high-quality post-consumer recycled polymers, particularly for food-grade rPP packaging, according to Interplas Insights.
Nextloopp's top goals, per its website, are as follow:
- Develop the infrastructure and systems for recycling PP to food grade in major population centers (in UK).
- Production of food grade PP for re-use into consumer products including cosmetics and food.
- Start the recovery of branded PP products for recycling.
- Establish certification by EFSA and USFDA for the manufacturing processes. Food grade PP trays
- Enhance the current recycling and decontamination processes to boost economic efficiency and reduce cost.
- Develop specific grades of rPP for film and sheet extrusion, thermoforming, blow molding, and injection molding
- Develop generic processing solutions for the major processing technologies that maximize recycled content and ensure processing stability for monolayer and multilayer structures.
- Develop new “design for food-grade recycling” guidelines for brand owners, retailers and convertors.