Finland-based Paptic Ltd. is striving to replace paper and plastics in packaging with its Paptic Tringa, a material made of wood fibers from controlled and sustainable managed forests.
According to the company:
- Paptic Tringa is a durable material that stretches and does not rip as easily as paper;
- The wood fibers are completely biodegradable under industrial composting conditions;
- Paptic can be recycled with carton board;
- The material can be produced with existing paper and production lines;
- Paptic manufacturing technology reduces water and energy consumption; and
- Products made of Paptic are both light and thin, which allows for shipping, storing and handling efficiency.