Global Market Development Center (GMDC), a global retail industry trade association, has announced its strategic partnership with Sampler, a company specializing in product sampling technology. Together they will launch the Retail Tomorrow Trendsetter Panel.
The Retail Tomorrow Trendsetter Panel will begin with GMDC members—currently consisting of more than 600 retailers, wholesalers, suppliers and service/solution member companies—and identify key trends they're looking for, and brands submitting products that fit within that trend. Sampler will then distribute trial-sized products to shoppers, along with a digital feedback survey. Consumer insights will be collected in real-time and published in a report summarizing the top products. Participants will receive the final report and samples of trending products that would perform well in their stores.
According to the companies benefits include...
- Exposure to 1,000 hyper-targeted consumers (ability to select a targeting segment)
- Feature on the digital sampling program of leading publishers, such as DeliciousLiving.com and Greatist.com
- During- and post-campaign product feedback and ratings
- Ability to re-market to consumers who register to your newsletter (estimated 50% registration rate)
- Ability to set up a follow-up coupon to be included with your sample and to drive to e-commerce or retail
- Concrete end-of-campaign report that can be utilized during retail strategic meetings
- Publication and feature of your product in a trend report created by GMDC
- Curate a list of upcoming product trends for the quarter ahead
- Receive high-value consumer feedback enabling the identification of leaders in new trends
- Complimentary with a GMDC membership
Patrick Spear, GMDC president & CEO, said, "The Retail Tomorrow Trendsetter Panel is a unique opportunity to give our retailers access to quick consumer feedback on products they're looking to list. With Sampler, our members will be able to give consumers the power to define what will be in the stores they visit."
Marie Chevrier, founder of Sampler, added, "We think this is a unique opportunity not only for the retail buyers who are part of the GMDC membership but also for the emerging products and brands Sampler works with every day. Our brands are always looking for new ways to get the attention of retail buyers."