Pinterest has announced that it has made updates to skin tone ranges and added new brands to virtually shop and try on lipsticks through AR Try on, increasing the discoverability of personalized beauty products and tutorials.
According to the company, the inclusive beauty results search feature is now available in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, where it was previously only in the United States. The design has also reportedly been refreshed to surface options from search results.
The number of beauty and fashion Pins where a skin tone can be identified has quadrupled, now three times more likely to detect multiple skin tone ranges in top search results.
In regards to the virtual lipstick Try on, there are now more than 10,000 shoppable shades across 48 million beauty Pins. NARS, Cle de Peau and Thrive Causemetics have been added to the product shades.
Since augmented reality technology launched in January, Pinners reportedly try on an average of six lipstick shades and are five times more likely to show purchase intent on the Try on Pins.
Emerging Beauty Trends
- Global searches for beauty results based on skin tone including, “gray hair on dark skin women," "blonde hair color ideas for fair skin blue eyes," "soft natural makeup for Black women," "brown hair colors for fair skin" and "nude lipstick for dark skin" were among some top trending searches
- Natural hairstyles spiked with “natural hairstyles" and “natural curly hair cuts"
- Freckled Pinners are looking for ways to emphasize their natural features with searches like “Black girls with freckles," “red hair freckles" and “Asian freckles"
- Searches for “natural makeup videos" and “natural beauty aesthetic"are popular
- Pinners look for ways to execute a “soft glam aesthetic" with “colored eyeliner looks," “peach lip gloss" and “red lipstick looks"
- Men hair searches including “Black men beard styles," “grey beards," “long hairstyles for men," “afro hairstyles men" and “curly hairstyles" are on the rise
- Men skin and beauty searches including “creative makeup looks" and “healthy skin care" are in the lead