The global beauty care market will expand by 4.5% a year through 2018, totaling $461 billion, compared to $379 billion in 2013, according to an analysis from Research and Markets.
Further reading: What's Driving Global Cosmetic Chemical Market Growth?
Growth is being driven by rising disposable incomes around the world,
- Skin care will generate global revenues of $106 billion by 208, compared to $83 billion in 2013
- Facial care accounts for more than half of the beauty market
- Asia Pacific accounts for almost 45% of global skin care revenue
- Hair care growth is driven by rising disposable incomes in emerging markets
- The hair care market has experiences about 10,000 launches per year
- Europe's hair care market will reach $24 billion by 2018, 38% of which will be generated by shampoo, compared to $18 billion in 2013
- Indian hair care revenues will total $3 billion by 2018, compared to $2 billion in 2013