Fragrance Foundation Arabia recently announced the winners of the first FiFi Dubai awards at an event on Nov. 30, 2010, held at The Address Downtown Dubai. The awards were divided into three main award categories—“Fragrance of the Year” awards, “Retailer of the Year” awards and “My Favorite Perfume of the Year” awards. An independent jury panel determined the winners in the first two categories, and consumers were encouraged to vote online for the “My Favorite Perfume of the Year” categories.
- Arabian Prestige, Male—Dahanal Oudh Maysam by Ajmal Perfumes
- Arabian Prestige, Female—Nagham by Arabian Oud
- Arabian Popular Appeal, Male—Khawatir by Ajmal Perfumes
- Arabian Popular Appeal, Female—Ghoroub by Arabian Oud
- International Prestige, Male—Armani Prive—One Thousand and One Nights by Giorgio Armani
- International Prestige, Female—Belle D’Opium by Yves Saint Laurent
- International Popular Appeal, Male—Republic of Men by Banana Republic
- International Popular Appeal, Female—BeBe by BeBe
The ‘Retailer of the Year’ Awards included two categories; the winners were:
- Multi-brand Store of the Year—Sephora
- Mono-brand Store of the Year—Ajmal perfumes
Paris Gallery also was awarded with a FiFi Recognition Award for outstanding contribution to the Middle Eastern fragrance industry, and more than 100,000 consumers voted online to determine the winner of the “My Favorite Perfume of the Year” Award. The winner of the Consumer choice award for international fragrance was Gucci Guilty by Gucci. The winner of the Consumer choice award for an Arabian fragrance was Kalemat by Arabian Oud.
“We are extremely pleased with the industry participation and the outcome of the first FiFi Awards, and would like to congratulate all the winners,” said Shahzad Haider, chairman of Fragrance Foundation Arabia. “While the FiFi awards turn the spotlight on the historic and yet-so-vibrant industry in the region, it is also very clear that fragrance production and trade in the Middle East has grown into a multibillion dollar business with resilience unmatched in any other territory.”