CEW UK, Gynaecological cancer charity and The Eve Appeal will unite throughout May to support the third Get Lippy campaign. The retailers supporting this year’s edition include Tesco and Harvey Nicholls, and beauty brands include Vaseline, Eos, Blistex, Carmex, O’Keeffes, Smashbox, Laura Mercier, Nuxe, and Elemis, among others.
Through a series of activations and virtual events, women and men across the United Kingdom will be encouraged to smash taboos by speaking openly about gynecological health and raising awareness of gynecological cancers.
This national consumer-facing campaign encourages a range of beauty brands to donate 10% from participating lip products sold in May to support the Get Lippy initiative. The donations will focus on helping to fund the invaluable, nurse-led service Ask Eve; a specialist service providing information and guidance to all who are concerned about the signs, symptoms and risk factors associated with gynae cancers.
On a usual non-pandemic day, 58 women are diagnosed with one of the five gynecological cancers; womb, ovarian, cervical, vulval and vaginal.
With the backdrop of the COVID-19 crisis, many of these women will suffer the consequences of late diagnosis because they delay seeking medical advice on their symptoms, and many families are concerned about changes to treatment plans for loved ones affected by a gynecological cancer diagnosis. Ask Eve is providing a vital service in supporting women in need.
This year’s key activations include:
- Buy a participating product online or in-store from one of the partner brands at Tesco or direct who are donating 10% during May
- Taking part in Get Lippy Day on May 15, 2020 by sending a virtual kiss to three people you miss, donating £5 to support the vital specialist nurse service by texting LIPPY to 70490 and nominating your friends to do the same
- Virtually joining together with friends, family and colleagues to raise funds through Dress Up Fridays, every Friday through May
- Taking part in the virtual Get Lippy Run on May 17, 2020 by joining the Eve Strava group, walking, jogging or running 5k while wearing lipstick
- Have Eve run an online workplace well-being session–the Ask Eve signs and symptoms overview talk for your staff during May
“We appreciate the huge pressure the coronavirus pandemic is putting on all businesses, but we implore our members with a lip product to support the Get Lippy campaign if they can,” Caroline Neville MBE, president of CEW and patron of Get Lippy, said. “It is vital for gynecological health that the Ask Eve service continues to operate as normally as possible. We invite the beauty industry to join us and Get Lippy.”