Gen Z consumers aren't just impacting the beauty and personal care industry with their more than $44 billion in annual spending, they're also champions of gender neutrality, inclusivity, diversity, sustainability and transparency.
According to Sarah Jones, partner and client services director at Free the Birds, "Gen Z's oldest members are now hitting adulthood, and brands need a total mindset change for them."
Gen Z Attitudes on Beauty
- Teens are looking for authenticity and are becoming more accepting and even celebratory of flaws like acne, focusing on real skin, real-life and the transformative effect of makeup.
- Clean, natural and vegan formulas are now in high-demand and these young consumers are ready to hold brands to account that don’t take an ethical stance.
- Gen Z consumers want things when and how they want them. Beauty products need to work hard and be easy to use and try.
- Whether it’s personalized or super limited edition, making each 21st beauty consumer feel uniquely special is a must. Even better, get them involved and engaged by co-creating their own products.
During Beauty Accelerate, event attendees will be given the opportunity to learn the necessary branding initiatives needed to create the emotional attachment these consumers are looking for.
- Roundtable: Emotional Branding for Gen Z—Hosted by Natalie Mackey, co-founder and CEO, Winky Lux.
The 2019 Beauty Accelerate Pre-show Program is now LIVE! Check out what is inside here.