For a healthy and even skin complexion and improved emotional wellbeing
Based on timut pepper, a spice plant from the Himalayas, TiMOOD™ can improve neuronal function in the skin and thereby increase skin homogeneity. Moreover, TiMOOD™ positively influences one’s mood and emotional wellbeing.
In a global society characterized by more and more people feeling stressed, the concept of emotional wellbeing has become increasingly important. Skin that feels good can boost one’s mood; not only consciously due to a visible improvement of the facial appearance but also unconsciously via the skin-brain axis. This link between the skin and brain is achieved by signaling via released molecules as well as through the direct connection by nerve cells.
In a co-culture model of sensory neurons and keratinocytes, timut pepper extract increased neuron survival and neurite length, as well as keratinocyte proliferation and the release of dopamine. This demonstrated the potential of TiMOOD™ to protect the dense network of neurons in the skin, which can be impaired in aged skin.
A clinical study has shown that 2 % TiMOOD™, applied for 28 days in a face cream
- Improved emotional wellbeing measured by the EmoCompass® tool in stressed volunteers
- Significantly improved skin tone evenness
- Improved skin complexion in terms of both reduced redness and enhanced luminosity, leading to a healthier and fresher complexion.
Thus, by protecting skin innervation, TiMOOD™ supports a healthy and even skin complexion and a balanced emotional wellbeing.
- Protects neurons from aging
- Supports a healthy and even skin complexion
- Improves wellbeing under stress
- Stimulates the skin-brain connection
- Recommended use level: 2 %
- Incorporation: For cold processes, dissolve TiMOOD™ into the aqueous phase. In hot/cold processes, add during the cooling phase below 40 °C.
- Thermostability: Temperatures of up to 40 °C for a short time will not affect the stability of TiMOOD™. For further information, please refer to our formulation guidelines.
INCI (EU / PCPC) Declaration
zanthoxylum alatum fruit extract (and) glycerin (and) pentylene glycol (and) aqua/water
The above paid-for content was produced by and posted on behalf of the Sponsor. Content provided is generated solely by the Sponsor or its affiliates, and it is the Sponsor’s responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and validity of all information included. Global Cosmetic Industry takes steps to ensure that you will not confuse sponsored content with content produced by Global Cosmetic Industry and governed by its editorial policy.