New to ADF & PCD New York 2018 were the Eco Tours led by Cherie Buziak, owner of the consulting company BeautyEdge LLC, product development specialist, industry event influencer and industry event guide. The tours offered specific eco-friendly and sustainable packaging solutions and services available to brands and manufacturers.
The attendees were guided to visit six different vendors who highlighted their latest sustainable packaging concepts, packaging visions and innovations. In addition to specialized visitor attention, the guided tours gave attendees a behind-the-scenes look at sustainable packaging prototypes expected to release in the next six months to one year. At the end of the tour, guests were invited to review their learnings, relax and enjoy a complimentary refreshing beverage and pastry in the ICON lounge.
The above slideshow features the vendors visited and highlights of their sustainable technology and processes.
An Overview of ADF & PCD New York 2018
Attendees at this year's event spent two jam-packed days learning and interacting with the latest packaging innovations and solutions as well as networking with industry professionals.
The Innovation Awards were held to honor "companies that are pushing boundaries in terms of innovation."
Innovation Award Winners included:
- Dove/Unilever—Personal Care;
- Montebello—Industrial and Technical Application;
- Olika—Skin Care;
- Estée Lauder—Makeup;
- L'Oréal—Hair Care;
- Tiffany & Co.—Fragrance; and
- Tula—Indie Beauty.
Additionally, this year's event consisted of several conferences, educational programs and networking sessions, including:
- The Pentaward Conference focused on the latest trends and cross-industry developments, while also learning how to get inspiration from and target new markets. Participating brands included Pearlfisher, forceMAJEURE, PepsiCo and Heineken, among others.
- The ICON Party gave decision makers from perfume and cosmetic brands the opportunity to network, share knowledge and gave indie brands the chance to address the needs of smaller quantity buyers.
- The event's two-day educational program concentrated on sustainability, with a focus on how to become more sustainable and the difficulties that accompany it.