More than 2,400 entries are judged on color, registration, degree of difficulty, and the overall look and design that makes it an effective and graphically appealing piece.
(In June, Diamond Packaging recently won five awards in the 22nd Annual FSEA Gold Leaf Awards Competition. Read more in GCI).
- Diamond won an Award of Recognition in the “Cartons and Containers” category for Five Star Fragrance Company’s Vicky Tiel Paris 21 Bonaparte gift set carton. The QuikSet carton was converted utilizing FSC-certified metallized polyester board and offset printed with transparent gold, purple, brown, dense black, and opaque white inks, in-line with UV matte and UV high gloss coating. The UV matte coating on the lid provides a striking contrast to the high gloss purple and gold accents surrounding it.
- Diamond won an Award of Recognition and a Certificate of Merit in the “Print/Graphic Arts Self-Promotion” and “Calendars” categories, respectively, for its 2015 corporate calendar, a long-standing company tradition and popular promotional item given to customers and suppliers. The stained leaded glass-themed calendar was converted utilizing Clearwater Candesce SBS paperboard and offset printed with four color process inks and three spot colors, DiamondTouch soft touch coating, aqueous coating, and UV gloss spot coating. It features a tightly-registered, foil embossed lead outline. Metal Magic provided all of the foil stamping and embossing dies. The header features a stained leaded glass design enhanced with UV gloss spot coating and a foil embossed lead outline, creating a sense of texture and depth. DiamondTouch soft touch coating is used to show a striking contrast to the multi-level embossed date and the spot UV gloss finish surrounding it.The middle backers feature three sets of foil-embossed patterns, each enhanced with UV gloss spot coating. The calendar’s recyclable shipper simulates a grand entrance doorway, including wood and stone design and gatefold panels.
- Diamond won a Certificate of Merit in the “Specialty Inks or Coatings, Fragrances, or ‘Invisible’ Printing Inks” category for Elizabeth Arden’s 5th Avenue NYC Premiere carton. The carton was converted utilizing metallized polyester board and offset printed with purple, dense black, and opaque white inks, in-line with DiamondTouch soft touch coating. The high-gloss foil-stamped and embossed accents on the front and rear panels add distinction and reinforce 5th Avenue as a prestige brand.
- Diamond won a Certificate of Merit in the “Foil Stamping and Embossing/Debossing category for Elizabeth Arden’s Mariah Carey Dreams carton. The carton was converted utilizing Clearwater Candesce SBS paperboard and offset printed with four process colors and four PMS colors, in-line with DiamondTouch soft touch coating and UV gloss spot coating. Gold foil stamped accents adorn the logos and surround the multi-colored butterflies on the front and side panels. Embossing accents, including a blind embossed butterfly logo on the top panel and multi-level embossed butterflies were added, complementing the design of the primary container: a sculptured, champagne flute bottle with butterflies entwined around the fragrance bottle cap.
- Diamond won a Certificate of Merit in the “Cartons and Containers” category for Elizabeth Arden’s Taylor Swift Incredible Things carton. The carton was converted utilizing Neenah Paper Royal Sundance Brilliant White Felt paperboard and offset printed with seven colors, in-line with UV matte coating. The felt paperboard and rich palette of watercolors transform the graphics into a work of art and complement the design of the primary container: an opaque white bottle, decorated with a watercolor print of Taylor’s silhouette profile. A gold foil stamped and multi-level embossed "13" medallion on the top panel reflects the significance of the lucky number to the international music star and matches the fragrance bottle’s finely crafted gold cap, which is also embossed with her signature “13”.