2017 has been a standout year for the beauty industry, and this year's holiday season seems to be following suit.
Holiday 2017 Beauty Sales
- Beauty’s growth is being driven by makeup, followed by skin care while fragrance continues to lag.
- Skin care gift sets contributed more volume during Thanksgiving/Black Friday week than fragrance gift sets. According to NPD, this is notable because holiday represents much less to total skin care sales than to total fragrance sales.
- In fragrance, home ancillary sets (home scents like candles and reed diffusers, etc.) are performing well.
- Lip gloss and false eyelashes have been popular, in-demand items.
- During Thanksgiving/Black Friday week, beauty sales grew +17%, led by makeup, followed by skincare and then fragrance.
- During Cyber Week, beauty sales grew +9%.
- Weeks three and four of November saw beauty sales post the strongest gains of all the industries NPD is tracking this holiday.
For the full blog post, please visit www.npd.com