Puig is launching Rabanne Beauty's makeup exclusively in-store at select Ulta Beauty shops in October 2023, as well as the retailer's e-commerce site and brand's own DTC site. (The launch was first noted in June 2023.)
The brand, which previously boasted fragrances, has now unveiled a range of vegan color cosmetics that offer high color pay-off and skin-friendly ingredients, in line with sector trends. Some formulations comprise as much as 98% ingredients of natural origin. SKUs will retail for $20-40.
Concurrent with the launch, makeup artist Diane Kendal has been announced as creative director of Rabanne Beauty and will showcase the brand's makeup at Rabanne's SS24 runway show in Paris.
Rabanne Beauty's makeup packaging highlights gloss gold, silver metallic and mirrored finishes inspired by the fashion brand's legacy aesthetics.
The range includes the following.
- The Famous Primer Mascara, retailing for $25, features 95% ingredients of natural origin, including resurrection plant. It reportedly boosts mascara wear for up to 24 hours.
- The Famous Mascara, retailing for $25, imparts deep black volume, natural definition, length and a mega curve, per the brand. The mascara comprises 94% ingredients of natural origin, including castor oil.
- The Famous Top Coat Mascara, retailing for $25, features silver and gold pearls to illuminate your eyes. The formulation contains 91% ingredients of natural origin and delivers up to 12 hours of shine and comfort, per the brand.
- The Eyephoria Palettes include Mini Palettes featuring a $25 eyeshadow duo, and Handbag Palettes featuring an eyeshadow quad. The Mini Palette is available in 10 shades pairings, including silver and golden metal Iconique, rose gold and taupe metal Put A Ring On It, brown sparkle and beige gold metal Date Night, clear gloss and beige sparkle All Lights On Me, and jet black matte and metal Back To Black. The Handbag Palette is available in four "harmonies," including star shades No More Drama, comprising rust and beige gold metal with burnt orange and chestnut matte.
- The Colorshot cream-to-paint eye color, retailing for $25, comes in pearl, metallic or velvet-matte finishes. The non-sticky formulations comprise 87% ingredients of natural origin, including shea butter: The eye colors are available in 12 shades, including silver metal 1969, gold metal Cosmic Rave, platinum metal Meteor Light, mauve metal Lavender Sky, pearly white Glow Up, woody pink matte Wood You, and rusty matte Friendzone.
- The Rouge Rabanne lip colors include the Famous Lipcolor lipstick, retailing for $32, comprising 90% ingredients of natural origin, including pomegranate. It is available in 12 mattes and three metallics. Lovebalm, retailing for $28 exclusively at pacorabanne.com, is a tinted lip balm comprising 95% ingredients of natural origin, including hyaluronic acid, pomegranate and shea butter. The balm is available in in six tints.
- The Fresh Touch Foundation, retailing for $40, comprises 91% ingredients of natural origin, including avocado oil, and is available in 30 shades.
- The Arts Factory collection of artistry-inspired products include the Shimmer Bomb glitter spray ($30), the Metal Shot silver highlighter ($28), the Glitter Shot liquid silver luminizer ($28), and the Pure Metal glitter loose powder ($20).
“We’re thrilled to introduce Rabanne Beauty to our prestige cosmetics assortment,” said Maria Salcedo, senior vice president of merchandising, Ulta Beauty. “We know our loyal beauty enthusiasts will fall in love with the unique packaging, innovative formulas and bold, expressive pigments and shades. As the exclusive U.S. retailer, we’re proud to be an integral partner to this iconic brand and provide access and awareness to this next phase of growth for The Maison. We look forward to welcoming new and existing guests to discover Rabanne Beauty at Ulta Beauty stores and ulta.com this fall.”