Spate, in partnership with Luxurynsight, have published the Personal Fragrances on TikTok report which highlights recent fragrance trends on the platform.
- 45% of social media-driven fragrance purchases in the United States are generated by TikTok.
- TikTok became a preferred platform for Gen Z to discover independent fragrance brands.
- Gen Z are three times more likely to buy a fragrance linked to the emotional attributes as described in TikTok video content.
- Perfume-related content on TikTok has increased +449% from 2019 to 2020.
- Nearly 10% of Gen Z consumers have been influenced on TikTok to purchase the affordable option that duplicates the luxury fragrance counterpart.
Q1 2023 Most Viewed Trends
- Perfume received 39.3 billion views
- Cologne received 4.7 billion views
- Hair perfume received 73.8 million views
Scope of Study
- TikTok Potential: Key Dynamics
- Opportunities for Fragrance Players
- Best Practices: Fragrance on TikTok
- Q1 2023 Fragrance Trends
- Q1 2023 Popular Brands